Talk

Advanced search

Russian Ambassador Assasinated

(16 Posts)
ChampagneCommunist Mon 19-Dec-16 19:27:24

Anyone else seeing shades of Archduke Ferdinand or Kristallnacht?

This does not feel good to me

eatsleephockeyrepeat Mon 19-Dec-16 19:31:03

Do you have a link? I've missed this in the news but it sounds...worrying.

dementedma Mon 19-Dec-16 19:32:04

It's terrifying. A gift for Putin to retaliate. Am genuinely scared

CakesRUs Mon 19-Dec-16 19:33:22

Yeah, I messaged my DS words to that effect. Not the smartest thing for him to do, as if Putin's going to say "ahh yes, he did raise a good point". MORE people are going to die because of this.

AdoraBell Mon 19-Dec-16 19:36:46

I saw on BBC that he'd been shot, can't link on my phone.

ChampagneCommunist Mon 19-Dec-16 19:51:49

Here's the link @eatsleephockey repeat
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-38369962

NotAMammy Mon 19-Dec-16 19:56:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

eatsleephockeyrepeat Mon 19-Dec-16 21:33:42

Oh lordy, thanks for the link but I don't feel any better for reading it!

claig Mon 19-Dec-16 21:36:00

'Daily Fail reckon it's a Russian hit-job'

Looked at the Mail, can't find anything on that. Could you link it?

schmack Mon 19-Dec-16 21:36:58

the guy that shot him was speaking Arabic, which doesn't mean he couldn't have been a Russian hitman I suppose but it seemed more about what's been going on in Syria. Poor bloke.

claig Mon 19-Dec-16 21:39:58

There is no way a Russian hitman would kill the Russian Ambassador. Doesn't make sense

NotAMammy Mon 19-Dec-16 21:41:55

Just clarified with DH. Apparently he had the completely wrong end of the stick. Sorry, I'll request my post to be removed in case it misleads anyone else.

claig Mon 19-Dec-16 21:42:17

The Russian Ambassador was supposed to have a meeting tomorrow with a Turkish and Iranian, I think ambassadors, abou Syria according to the Daily Mail

TheABC Mon 19-Dec-16 21:43:48

Apparently Russian and Turkish PMs are talking, so it is less likely to kick off. Thank Gods. TBH, Putin must have expected some flak over Syria, although you would expect a suicide bomb posted from ISIS - not your ambassador being shot by a policeman.

claig Mon 19-Dec-16 21:44:01

No problem, NotAMammy, I believe in conspiracy theories, but that one seemed a bit way out

claig Mon 19-Dec-16 21:46:38

'not your ambassador being shot by a policeman.'

The whole thing is too unbelievable, I doubt Putin believes the official story. My guess is there is more to it than what is being reported. It is very serious, Putin probably knows what it is and I don't think he will react as was intended by the perpetrators

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now