Talk

Advanced search

Sunday Morning Live

(6 Posts)
OurBlanche Sun 06-Nov-16 10:32:42

That's a bit uncomfortable... Transgender debate and already some big guns have been loaded...

OurBlanche Sun 06-Nov-16 10:36:15

Way to make yourself sound daft

"20 years ago sex education wasn't acceptable in schools..."

Mmm! Oddly 40 years ago it was...

And even more odd... the only sensible guest is the young bloke!

legotits Sun 06-Nov-16 10:38:44

I know nothing about trans issues so I left this on.

I know less now grin

glenthebattleostrich Sun 06-Nov-16 10:41:18

What do you expect from rent a gob Monroe and the BBC?

This bloke is good.

JosephineMaynard Sun 06-Nov-16 10:49:11

Not sure what the current rules are about sex education in schools, but when I was in (state) secondary school around 20 years ago, the sex education was seriously lacking.

IIRC, we got a brief lesson on the menstrual cycle in biology; a visit from SPUC (anti-abortionists) in RE; and a lecture about the evils of using contraceptives, even if the sexual partners were married to each other, one had HIV, and they wanted to use condoms to avoid infecting the healthy spouse (also in RE). And that was about it. My parents aren't the sort who would have chosen to withdraw me from school sex education lessons either.

No idea how typical my school's ignoring of sex education was compared to most schools 20 years ago.

Perhaps it would have been more accurate to say that schools weren't required to provide sensible sex education as part of the curriculum 20 years ago, so not all schools covered it?

OurBlanche Sun 06-Nov-16 11:41:14

You could be right! I keep forgetting I finished school years before the National Curriculum was introduced. smile

lego I know that if I had no knowledge then JMs pronouncements about where you pee would have bemused me and made me think she, sorry, They were being utterly reasonable.

But They neglected to mention the oddly militant MTT activists who aren't so reasonable!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now