Talk

Advanced search

Naomi and Liev have split!

(32 Posts)
Rainbunny Tue 27-Sep-16 17:47:59

This makes me sad, I couldn't care less about Brangelina but I really liked these two as a couple.

RortyCrankle Tue 27-Sep-16 20:33:23

I've never heard of either of either of them and to be honest even if I did, unless you know them personally, what is there to be sad about? Would you feel the same way if you subsequently discovered he had hit her or she had had an affair?

Rainbunny Tue 27-Sep-16 21:05:51

Okay... This thread was clearly not a heavyweight current affairs topic so why bother weighing in to be snarky? By all means though do enjoy your smugness at being above such superficial, petty things and therefore too superior to have any idea who these people are. Bonus points for smuggery!

RortyCrankle Tue 27-Sep-16 21:34:17

I am sorry if that is what you read in my post. I genuinely have never heard of either of them and genuinely don't understand why you would feel sad about them splitting if you don't know them. Although I can understand people feeling sad about a famous person dying - them not producing more music or being in new parts on stage or screen etc.

I shall leave your thread to those more understanding which I am obviously not.

usual Tue 27-Sep-16 21:35:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mrschatty Tue 27-Sep-16 21:35:43

Who are they? Not being sarcastic... I genuinely don't know

ChuckBiscuits Tue 27-Sep-16 21:36:13

I have no idea who on earth you are banging on about.

Ginmakesitallok Tue 27-Sep-16 21:36:48

I have no idea who they are either. That doesn't make me smug.

CrikeyJoseph Tue 27-Sep-16 21:37:23

They never last in show biz. Alway's someone younger/better looking/more famous to shag.

I liked these two though and quite frankly expected more! only slightly tongue in cheek

juneau Tue 27-Sep-16 21:37:57

Naomi Watts (actress)
Liev Schreiber (actor)

People get divorced all the time. Especially actors. But I think the figure is around 1/2 or 1/3 marriages end in divorce. Sad, yes, but also very normal.

Lottapianos Tue 27-Sep-16 21:38:20

I know who you're talking about OP and I agree with you that they seemed like a good couple. Sad news. No idea why people come onto threads just to say they have no clue what's being talked about confused

PinkPlastic Tue 27-Sep-16 21:38:53

I'm with you OP. They were my favourite celebrity couple. And i don't really care much for most celebs. They seemed to have such a lovely grounded family life. I think it is a shame they have split too.

usual Tue 27-Sep-16 21:41:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Milklollies Tue 27-Sep-16 21:46:33

Who and who?

Rainbunny Tue 27-Sep-16 22:01:49

Naomi Watts and Liev Schreiber, together for 11 years, two kids, never married but that's irrelevant. I just like them as a couple that's all. Of course I don't know them, I did meet them at a film festival screening once and yes they were lovely. I didn't know there was a "Sleb" area of Mumsnet so now I know.

PunkrockerGirl Tue 27-Sep-16 22:04:36

Can't get that worked up about people I know splitting up, unless they're close family, let alone 'celebs' that none of us know or care about
Try posting in the sleb topic, you might get a more enthusiastic response.
But I seem to be the only person in the world who doesn't give a fuck about Brad and Angelina either. Both talentless, publicity seeking dicks, imo wink

bogginsthedog Wed 28-Sep-16 06:55:07

Love all the people coming on here to say "who?" to show how "above it all" they are rather than just not click on the thread.hmm

I think it's sad too op!

CrazyDuchess Wed 28-Sep-16 06:57:04

I agree too OP it is sad!

AuntieStella Wed 28-Sep-16 07:01:23

Well, it's because I watch a lot of news and know I'm not omniscient.

But this headline meant nothing to me, and so I clicked to see what news had passed me by (I was wondering if they were eg foreign heads of state or company nicknames).

So yes, finding Slab Twaddle was a bit of a let down (as there's a whole topic for that).

No, I wouldn't usually bother to post this, but did so on the assumption that 'why did you click?' is genuine question, not posturing.

ample Wed 28-Sep-16 07:06:38

They seem a lovely lovely couple.
I hope the media is kind to them, not because they seem lovely and non-grabby for the spotlight, but because children are involved.

Lottapianos Wed 28-Sep-16 07:56:31

Agree boggins - the 'too cool for school' bunch

SoupDragon Wed 28-Sep-16 08:01:13

I've never heard of them either. Which I guess, as they appear to be actors, means they aren't ones for chasing personal publicity and that's nice and unusual.

SoupDragon Wed 28-Sep-16 08:57:50

Love all the people coming on here to say "who?" to show how "above it all" they are rather than just not click on the thread.

Personally, I love the people who are mind readers and can tell someone's intentions just by thinking about it.

bogginsthedog Wed 28-Sep-16 09:03:11

Oh come on, there are loads of sniffy "why do you care?" comments on this thread. I don't see them on anything equally as fluffy like style and beauty or whatever.

Why bother commenting if you don't care? You want a medal?

redshoeblueshoe Wed 28-Sep-16 10:39:00

I'm with you OP, Live had an unusual upbringing, many Celebs would be banging on about it. He however only spoke very courteously about his DM and for that he has my total respect.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now