Talk

Advanced search

US presidential debate

(17 Posts)
juneau Tue 27-Sep-16 12:24:25

Anyone want to talk about this?

I'm just watching the re-run on BBC and OMG Donald Trump is just vile. Bullying, self-aggrandizing, boastful, repetitive, insulting, negative and almost totally lacking in any kind of plan. He's just reacting and ad-libbing. He hasn't prepped for this session. He constantly interrupts. Argh! Hillary did amazingly, not least to not ignore his constant taunts and not get too frustrated with his constant interruptions.

Thefishewife Tue 27-Sep-16 13:14:41

All I can say is wtf and people are still thinking of voting for him

He wouldn't rent homes to black people 🙁

civilfawlty Tue 27-Sep-16 13:20:36

Have you seen the YouTube videos where a comedian does a voice over? It's Trump's words, but said in a range of accents. It's incredibly funny, but not when he speaks, it's all I can hear.
The man is a moron. God help us if he wins.

2rebecca Tue 27-Sep-16 13:39:11

He would be disastrous for president.
Laughable he's accusing Hilary of being all sound bites.
If 15% tax the poor white folk thinking of voting for him will be the ones to suffer most. The middle class democrat voters will be OK.

2rebecca Tue 27-Sep-16 13:44:18

And now he's talking about bringing back law and order, er doesn't that come out of taxes?

aginghippy Tue 27-Sep-16 13:45:09

Trump being bullying, self-aggrandizing, boastful, repetitive, insulting, negative and interrupting is what he always does. He was his usual self.

Hillary was very well prepared. At times she seemed a bit smug when Trump did as predicted and she got to give her well-rehearsed lines.

People want to vote for Trump because he is not a politician. Why that is appealing, I don't know. Seems to me, having relevant education and experience would make you more qualified for a responsible, high-pressure job confused

sonlypuppyfat Tue 27-Sep-16 13:47:19

He must be saying something that people want to hear

aginghippy Tue 27-Sep-16 13:49:22

He is saying he will make America great again. People like the sound of that.

2rebecca Tue 27-Sep-16 13:53:18

They need to stop trump interrupting

2rebecca Tue 27-Sep-16 13:54:58

They are giving him far too much time to speak

DiegeticMuch Tue 27-Sep-16 14:14:53

Any post-debate polls out yet?

juneau Tue 27-Sep-16 18:15:18

I saw one one in the Evening Standard quoted as 68% Clinton and 27% Trump (or something like that). He was dreadful. But then, he IS dreadful. A horrible narcissist who doesn't know how to do anything but boast and bully. But it was interesting seeing him hang himself with his own words (Clinton says he doesn't pay federal taxes, Trump agrees with her and says that makes him 'smart'). He just cannot shut up. He can't resist having the last word. But last night he walked into her traps. I agree that at times she looked smug, but he was so ill-prepared and she so well prepared that I could almost understand it. It was like taking candy from a baby.

TheDowagerCuntess Tue 27-Sep-16 18:33:24

People say he is a vote for change, that he's not the establishment (LOL), he's not a politician. That's why a lot of Americans are voting for him.

Well, if he gets in in November, then he will be a politician, and he will have to work within the constraints of the political system. What then?

Why do people think he will be so very different?

Of course, the answer is they don't. They just like the idea of him, at the moment. Not the reality of what he will be.

I sincerely hope that all Americans get out and vote. It's the only way he'll be stopped.

takesnoprisoners Tue 27-Sep-16 18:43:36

Except for CNN, every other poll (surprisingly, even ABC and TIME) have called Trump the winner.

I believe that Trump won the first half, and the second half went to HC because of the stupid Moderator who was far too much in HC's camp. (even though he is a registered Republican)

papayasareyum Tue 27-Sep-16 19:54:56

the only way America wins this and ensures Trump doesn't get into the White House, is if the democrats and everyone who despises Trump, rises up and says why people should vote for Hillary and not continually spouting about the evil of Trump, etc...by simply focusing on him and not telling people why they need to vote for H, they're giving the Presidency over

TheDowagerCuntess Tue 27-Sep-16 20:12:29

The 'why to vote for Hillary' reasons don't resonate with Trump supporters.

The only thing that's going to stop him is ALL Democrats and all thinking, non-misogynist, non-racists, decent people getting out and actually voting on the day.

juneau Tue 27-Sep-16 21:23:09

I agree Dowager. Nothing on earth will persuade my ILs to vote for Hillary. As for me, I've already done my overseas vote. It won't make a difference (my state is true blue anyway), but I can't not vote.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now