Talk

Advanced search

WTAF!? " feminist zealots really do want women to have their cake and eat it"

(15 Posts)
ItsAllGoingToBeFine Fri 12-Aug-16 11:50:05

I had a look for this story on MN but couldn't find it - you can read it here

www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/aug/12/tory-mp-philip-davies-claims-uk-legal-system-favours-women-at-mens-rights-event

Basically a Tory MP spoke at a conference organised by Justice For Men and Boys, arguing that the UK is unfairly skewed against men.

Rather charmingly J4MB "issues awards for “lying feminist of the month”, “toxic feminist of the month” and “whiny feminist of the month”, and promotes inflammatory articles on its website including a piece titled 13 reasons women lie about being raped."

I am shock and don't really know what to say!

HPFA Fri 12-Aug-16 13:23:09

Brexit, grammar schools, what next? Hanging?

Why do Tories never want to bring back good things from the fifties, like council houses?

ImperialBlether Fri 12-Aug-16 13:27:05

I saw that on Twitter. Funniest thing I'd seen for ages.

Claraoswald36 Fri 12-Aug-16 13:29:29

He also thinks the disabled should work for less pay. Which says it all really.

HPFA Fri 12-Aug-16 13:43:00

Fully confess to copying this from Twitter. Just couldn't be bothered to find the link. Bit about council houses is mine though!

TheCrowFromBelow Fri 12-Aug-16 14:06:02

I am shock shock at the "judgeybitch" blogger who also spoke at that conference, and her views linked to in that article.

Back to Mr Davies however: Will he get censured by his party??? Probably Not...

VladmirsPoutine Fri 12-Aug-16 14:53:54

I actually read it and found it quite funny. In that it is so wildly bizarre it must be a joke iyswim. But they're deadly serious.

kathkim Tue 11-Apr-17 12:20:15

What's the point of cake if you can't eat it wink

NotCarylChurchill Tue 11-Apr-17 12:22:25

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

reawakeningambition Mon 17-Apr-17 18:16:04

sad

KarlosKKrinkelbeim Mon 17-Apr-17 18:21:15

I am a Tory voter but I guffawed at HPFAs 50s gag. Witty.
This bloke reminds me of the phrase "swivel eyed loon", used, if memory serves, to describe Mrs thatcher's more ardent admirers.

cellorama Tue 18-Apr-17 15:09:55

Philip Davies has definite form in this area. Anyone remember recently when he tried to block that anti-domestic abuse bill about 'honour' killings? What a charmer.

BertrandRussell Tue 18-Apr-17 15:13:07

Why is anyone surprised? Lots of mumsnetters would agree.

BertrandRussell Tue 18-Apr-17 15:14:40

Or would say something like " Well, obviously I don't agree with everything he says. But you have to admit, he's got a point........"

BertrandRussell Tue 18-Apr-17 15:21:40

Just in case anyone doesn't know, he's on the parliamentary women and equalities committee. Elected unopposed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now