Talk

Advanced search

Poppy Worthington death - no charges to be brought

(6 Posts)
WilLiAmHerschel Thu 14-Jul-16 14:53:44

This is after her father was ruled guilty of sexually assaulting her. Now no one will be punished. Her poor little life is gone and nobody is to blame. I feel like she's been let down in every possible way. sad

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-36784681

WilLiAmHerschel Thu 14-Jul-16 14:54:43

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-36784681

Clicky link.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Thu 14-Jul-16 14:57:25

This absolutely stinks. If not the father then someone was responsible for the death of this poor innocent little baby.

WilLiAmHerschel Thu 14-Jul-16 15:08:37

My auto correct changed her name. Sorry should be Poppi.

I just feel so upset about this. I've often thought about her since first hearing of this case and I can't believe this has happened. I feel like I want people to know her life was important too.

littleducks Thu 14-Jul-16 15:20:21

I find think he was found guilty of sexual assault. My understanding is that a family cost judge (deciding matters relating to access/custody of other children) ruled on the basis of probability be guilty.

However he has not be found guilty 'being reasonable doubt' in a custody court due to lack of evidence. In turn due to a poor police investigation.

Its a horrific situation but probably not possible to change now as evidence is no longer available.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Thu 14-Jul-16 15:22:50

Well whoever got rid of the evidence accidentally or not, should at the very least be sacked.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now