Talk

Advanced search

Oscar Pistorious sentence

(18 Posts)
Iamthegreatest1 Wed 06-Jul-16 09:36:49

6years sad. Cannot even imagine the pain of Reeva's parents.

KoalaDownUnder Wed 06-Jul-16 09:38:13

Omg. Seriously??! angryshock

Arfarfanarf Wed 06-Jul-16 09:41:33

Im watching this. It is disgusting.
He murdered her and he knew what he was doing.
Justice it seems depends on who you are.

drivinmecrazy Wed 06-Jul-16 09:42:12

Absolutely unbelievable. Is this normal justice in SA, or is this Judge unusually lenient?
Her statement was full of sympathy for him, i.e. he has a temper but is not a violent man, obviously ignoring the fact he's been convicted of murder confused
I really hope his defence team don't appeal the sentence, again.

DonkeyOaty Wed 06-Jul-16 09:42:21

Very lenient angry

LadyStarkOfWinterfell Wed 06-Jul-16 09:42:56

It's derisory.

ACubed Wed 06-Jul-16 09:44:51

Very disappointing. I personally think he knew she was in there, but I wonder what the sentence would have been had it been an unarmed burglar? Surely killing anyone who poses no threat should carry the same sentence for murder, or would that have changed things?

Arfarfanarf Wed 06-Jul-16 09:46:16

6 yrs. Parole after 3 already served one out in two?
Two years.
And somehow he's the victim it seems. Listening to the summing up.

Poor him how he has suffered due to his choice to murder an innocent woman. Let us not punish him because the consequences of his choice to murder her has punished him enough hmm

Iamthegreatest1 Wed 06-Jul-16 09:46:44

I was just incensed watching it. It seems the judge Seems biased towards Oscar. Lots of emphasis on his suffering, his deteriorating health since the incident, his hopes and plans for the future. What's about REEVA's life, hopes for the future? What about the brokenness of REEVA's parents? I wanted to scream at the judge, her inability to read without making so many mistakes and eating all over again grated a lot as well.

Iamthegreatest1 Wed 06-Jul-16 09:49:55

Reading not eating

BeMorePanda Wed 06-Jul-16 09:51:40

very sad day.
Life is cheap in South Africa it seems.

HopefulHamster Wed 06-Jul-16 11:34:32

She originally gave him five years, I think this is refusing to admit she was wrong.

Six years is nothing. I don't believe any of his stories.

MaryPoppinsPenguins Wed 06-Jul-16 11:38:15

How bitterly disappointing for her poor parents. He's guilty as sin, he knew she was in there.

Arfarfanarf Wed 06-Jul-16 11:58:58

Yes, I agree it should have been a different judge. I think this was personal to her. I don't think she did her job properly.

Iamthegreatest1 Wed 06-Jul-16 14:58:00

I was furious when she said, 'the healing process has already started, Reeva's dad has already said he forgives him'. As if this now invalidated any need for punishment. I think that was very low of her to use that. Forgiveness doesn't mean you're no longer answerable to the law, its more about the forgiver than the perpetrator.

snapkat Wed 06-Jul-16 15:02:23

I'm not entirely surprised. Disgusted though, plenty.

scarlets Wed 06-Jul-16 21:13:53

Terrible.

amarmai Thu 07-Jul-16 22:42:15

This judge was clearly on OP's side when she picked out what she needed to justify her first misjudgement. She has hit a new low in quoting Reeva's father to justify her second misjudgement. WHen Reeva's father was on the stand he was in agony saying he forgave Op was in the context of him and his wife trying to continue living . he and his wife were very clear that they wanted the first trial overthrown as they wanted justice for their dd. ONe more year is NOT justice for Reeva. THere are no words for this kind of deliberate twisting of a grieving parent's words. SHe is as bad as the man she letting off saying Reeva wd want him to live his life out of prison?She makes my blood boil.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now