Talk

Advanced search

I defy you to read this with a dry eye (nice story)

(5 Posts)
LurkingHusband Tue 21-Jun-16 11:43:21

Meanwhile (and this should go viral0

www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/quick-thinking-schoolboys-help-classmate-8230436

This is the heart-warming moment a group of schoolboys linked arms on a sports day race to allow their friend who has Down’s syndrome to win the race.This is the heart-warming moment a group of schoolboys linked arms on a sports day race to allow their friend who has Down’s syndrome to win the race.This is the heart-warming moment a group of schoolboys linked arms on a sports day race to allow their friend who has Down’s syndrome to win the race.This is the heart-warming moment a group of schoolboys linked arms on a sports day race to allow their friend who has Down’s syndrome to win the race.

The year six boys from Wrawby St Mary's C of E Primary School in Lincolnshire decided between themselves to come joint second so that their pal, 11-year-old Rory Kettles, could scoop gold.

Proud parent Michelle Drury said that her son Rio and his classmates had chatted about doing it without any influence from teachers.

Michelle said: “I’m unbelievably proud of what Rio and the boys did.

(contd)

squoosh Tue 21-Jun-16 11:48:32

I read this yesterday and found myself a bit leaky of eye. Lovely boys, what a display of friendship. I bet their parents are beaming with pride.

<gets a bit leaky eyed again>

Willow2016 Tue 21-Jun-16 13:55:06

Saw this this morning and teared right up, such a beautiful thing to do.
Those kids are fab.

Hell I am off again just talking about itsmile

redshoeblueshoe Tue 21-Jun-16 14:07:09

Wow just wow

marblestatue Wed 22-Jun-16 12:22:15

I saw this yesterday too. Wonderful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now