Talk

Advanced search

anyone following Pistorius' sentencing?

(10 Posts)
DowntonIsMyHome Tue 14-Jun-16 18:20:06

just watched Mr Steenkamp (sp?) giving evidence sad

I hope Pistorius goes down properly and doesn't get to stay in a massive mansion like he had been on "house arrest"

ProfessorPreciseaBug Wed 15-Jun-16 06:55:26

No...
Why is it so called "news"?

HooseRice Wed 15-Jun-16 06:58:31

Er, all the news channels have been covering it maybe?

I've not been following the resentencing but followed the original trial and hope he goes down for a long stretch in a proper prison.

LadyStarkOfWinterfell Wed 15-Jun-16 07:05:29

What do you mean why is it so called news? Of course it's news! International athlete shot his girlfriend, the sentence he receives is absolutely newsworthy

peachpudding Wed 15-Jun-16 11:39:42

I was a bit upset that the past few days seem to have been about poor Oscar and how this has been on him. Oh please, he is a murderer and if he is suffering PTSD who gives a F**k.

Shinyshoes2 Wed 15-Jun-16 11:54:37

He looks so very vulnerable and very broken when he was walking on his stumps in the courtroom . I think he was actually quietly sobbing
I felt sorry for him for a moment

lonelystarbuckslover Wed 15-Jun-16 13:47:32

I feel very uneasy watching it for a mixture of reasons. I feel his disability is being exploited by the defence team. I feel uneasy watching him in a vulnerable state he has tended to avoid sharing. But then he wouldn't have looked quite so vulnerable with a firearm on the night Reeva was murdered.

ApricotSorbet99 Wed 15-Jun-16 15:51:43

I don't feel sorry for him at all.

For a start, he could have asked not to be filmed just like he did last time he walked on his stumps for the court. He chose not to this time. He's exploiting his disability himself to try and avoid an appropriate sentence for murdering a defenceless woman in a toilet cubicle.

On top of this, we have tape of him running on his stumps and not looking half so wobbly so have to wonder whether he's deliberately over-egging the pudding.

But all I see when I watch this is proof that he did NOT head off down a pitch black corridor that night on his stumps to confront an "intruder". No one, with that level of disability, would do this unless they were suicidal. His legs were right next to him and take seconds to put on. Ridiculous that he wouldn't have done that.

He's a liar and a murderer and I hope he gets put away for a very long time.

Rainbunny Wed 15-Jun-16 20:15:30

I know that his attorney instructed him to remove his prosthetic legs, a rather blatant tactic.

amarmai Fri 17-Jun-16 15:04:43

Masipa was def on his side in the first trial and she may be influenced by his obvious display to give him a hospital sentence , which is the best that OP can hope for at this stage. He was coached in acting tecnics before his first trial.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now