Kincora boy's home

(13 Posts)
NightWanderer Wed 01-Jun-16 03:55:30

Has anyone else been following this story? Because it seems like a very important story and I just wonder how deep this whole thing goes.

Here are some links:

www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-36413745

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kincora_Boys%27_Home

spotlightonabuse.wordpress.com/2013/08/04/anthony-blunt-and-the-kincora-cover-up/

Basically Kincora was a boy's home in Northern Ireland where the boys were alleged to have suffered sexual abuse. However, it seems they were also prostituted out to very high-up Conservative MPs who used to visit N.I. for gay orgies with these boys. It also seems that some members of the IRA were also involved in the abuse. And that the British Intelligence Agencies used this information to blackmail these IRA members to give them information. There's even an allegation that Lord Mountbatten was involved which really does put a big question over his assassination by the IRA. I mean, I always knew he was killed by the IRA and thought it was because he was a member of the Royal family but really why was a member of the Royal family so keen to vacation so close to the N.I./Irish border at that time?

It's all very disturbing. Does anyone have any insight into it at all. Am I understanding it correctly? Will the real truth about all this ever come out, I wonder?

NightWanderer Wed 01-Jun-16 04:06:05

Sorry not IRA... "McGrath, who was a leader in an extreme evangelical Protestant group called Tara, was an informant for British intelligence. "

Another link

www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/may/30/n-ireland-child-abuse-inquiry-turns-to-kincora-home-and-claims-of-mi5-blackmail

Pangurban1 Wed 01-Jun-16 08:06:59

I hope they get some justice. I wonder why it was decided to exclude it from the main investigation. I hope it is not to make sure the investigation is less transparent or vigorous.

KimmySchmidtsSmile Wed 01-Jun-16 08:35:19

It was decided that the larger enquiry would exclude Scotland, Ireland and Jersey. The reason given was to do with systems being different regarding recommendations coming out of the Inquiry or some such bollocks. Those working on behalf of the victims want it to be part of the larger inquiry so they have better access to mi5 files ha ha ha, like they haven't been destroyed or lost already Whole thing stinks to high heaven and the sheeple worry about gorillas as opposed to institutionalised government-sanctioned rape.

NightWanderer Wed 01-Jun-16 09:29:18

I don't want this thread to be deleted but Mountbatten was very close to Prince Charles. Prince Charles was very good friends with Jimmy Saville. The mind really does boggle, doesn't it? hmm

I'm glad some of the victims will get a chance to speak in court. I will be very shocked if there is any real justice done though. I will be following this case very closely. I hope others will too. It deserves more attention, I think.

MrsSpecter Wed 01-Jun-16 09:31:59

Sadly i think this will just be drawn out until there is no-one left to investigate. I dont think those victims will see justice.

MargotLovedTom Wed 01-Jun-16 09:38:56

I agree. I think the amount of shit that would hit the fan if the truth came out is so colossal that anything but a cover up is not an option.

When the whole Savile and Yewtree thing started there were threads on here that were so long and involved you could lose days reading all the associated links. There was stuff being said about Rolf Harris and Cliff Richard long before any arrests, and they were just two of the names people have heard of. The amount of MPs and high ranking officials alleged to be involved is scary.

LurkingHusband Wed 01-Jun-16 11:17:40

Private Eye has been covering this for years - since the 80s in fact.

And Ken Livingstone raised it with Mrs. Thatcher in 1988

spotlightonabuse.wordpress.com/2013/08/06/ken-livingstone-asks-thatcher-about-kincora-18-03-88/

But no one is going to listen to anything Ken says now, are they ? hmm

Fingeronthebutton Wed 01-Jun-16 16:43:28

Sad to say but it will be dragged out until all involved have 'Dementia' or die, just as they did with Lord Janner.

KimmySchmidtsSmile Wed 01-Jun-16 22:55:40

Or they will die and it will turn out to have been false or mistaken identity which is very bloody convenient given how many files are missing.

DorynownotFloundering Wed 01-Jun-16 23:00:13

I have long suspected that Yewtree officers were told to concentrate on showbiz slebs to deflect digging into anything higher up the food chain at Westminster. I have a friend who was on the Yewtree squad & there was a lot of similar speculation there.

NaffOffMartha Thu 02-Jun-16 14:50:50

I think the amount of shit that would hit the fan if the truth came out is so colossal that anything but a cover up is not an option.

I agree completely. I've never been much of a conspiracy theorist, but I think that the extent of what has actually been going on all this time is enough to shake most people's faith in just about all government institutions if it was ever actually acknowledged by those in power.

emilybohemia Sat 04-Jun-16 03:05:38

Yes NightWanderer, Charles has some odd connections and I wonder about him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now