Talk

Advanced search

11 children injured by a rampant dog

(12 Posts)
Leta86 Thu 19-May-16 17:06:31

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-36330540

Don't get me wrong, I'm an absolute dog worshipper, I left my sweetie swiss shepherd with my parents in my birth country and I miss her terribly, but an exemplary behaved dog as she is I would NEVER EVER let her for a romp around children, let alone allow her into a playground...

WHAT WAS THAT WOMAN THINKING?!?!?! I am absolutely appaled and feel like flowers to those kids and parents, especially the little girl needing grafts. They'll grow up in fear and possibly hate of an animal that can be your most devoted friend, all because of one person's irresponsibility!!!

I am beyond words...!!! angry

GreenMarkerPen Thu 19-May-16 17:09:46

I hope all those injuries heel well - the physical and mental ones
those poor children!
and I hope the dog owner is found guilty and the dog destroyed.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Fri 20-May-16 12:05:07

Those poor children. Thank the good Lord there were no fatalities. However it may not be fair to blame the owner. It may have been a very placid dog and then it just for whatever reason turned. The women's not psychic. She couldn't have foreseen it.
She is probably as devastated as everyone else. It's not like she said to the dog "fetch".
I do however fully appreciate and understand that the parents won't see it like that, though.

Samcro Fri 20-May-16 12:10:20

god I hope the kids are ok.
wtf was the owner doing

Pootles2010 Fri 20-May-16 12:11:40

It sounds like she wasn't there - it took them a while to find her. I suppose its possible the dog escaped her garden, but more likely she is a lazy dog owner who just let it wander.

Poor dog, being turned into such a monster by such an owner. He will be put down, of course he will.

Poor kids - that dad did amazingly to get the dog tied to the fence.

GreenMarkerPen Fri 20-May-16 12:13:04

of course the owner is reponsible!

JassyRadlett Fri 20-May-16 12:15:47

She is probably as devastated as everyone else.

She bloody should be if her dog was off the lead in a fenced off area of a play park.

originalmavis Fri 20-May-16 12:17:44

The new said that 'a girl' took the dog into the kids play area (where Id guess a dog shouldn't be) and took off its muzzle and it went crazy.

Yes the owner is to blame. People get dogs and havent a bloody clue how to train them.

LizaLemon Fri 20-May-16 12:18:51

Hah! Within 2 posts someone's defending the owner.

Surely if you have a dog it's your job to control it? Yes - at all times. If you can't you should have it.

They're animals deep down, not fluffy little cuddle machines, and can't control their own instincts after all.

No bad dogs, just bad owners.

LizaLemon Fri 20-May-16 12:19:20

*shouldn't have it

MissBattleaxe Fri 20-May-16 12:19:53

I read that the dog was new to the owner and the previous owners had given it away. It was around 18 months old.

AyeAmarok Fri 20-May-16 12:24:29

I heard this on the news and was horrified.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now