New Irish Government

(9 Posts)
hollyisalovelyname Sat 07-May-16 10:11:49

There was a good pre Irish election thread on Mumsnet some weeks back. 70 plus days ago as news readers keep telling us we've had no goveenment for 70 days.
Unfortunately I can't find it and the Mumsnet app no longer has a search facility as before. I used to be able to see all my old postngs.
Your thoughts please on the new cabinet.
I'm disappointed Varadker is gone from Health, Mary M O' C is in trade!!! and Ms. Zappone ( did you see how much she gets for her travel expenses- disgusting) got a seat in cabinet and Enda is still Taoiseach.

ElspethFlashman Sat 07-May-16 10:13:51

Disappointed Varadker is gone from Health as he's a doctor and a blunt talker.

(Allegedly he's pissed off too)

hollyisalovelyname Sat 07-May-16 10:22:00

Shane Ross got Sport wink

Fitzers Sat 07-May-16 10:22:20

I think the pre-election thread might be gone as it was posted in Chat I think. Disappointed re Zappone and the travel expenses, hard to accept the justification, seems far too convenient.

hollyisalovelyname Sat 07-May-16 10:28:47

Disappointed is too soft a word for it.
Disgusted is my word.
I just wish decency and honesty were words we could associate with Irish politics but they are not sad

oneowlgirl Sat 07-May-16 13:38:58

Unfortunately Holly, they're not words that can be associated with politicians anywhere in my opinion.

MakingJudySmile Sat 07-May-16 13:41:55

I'm utterly sicken with everything. If I see Sane Ross around here I'll be tempted to kick a football at him.

MakingJudySmile Sat 07-May-16 13:44:48

hollyisalovelyname Sun 08-May-16 09:47:17

The newspapers should be interesting today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now