Nct security breach?

(8 Posts)
ClaireP86 Wed 06-Apr-16 21:35:23

Hi, has anyone had an email, apparently from the nct (nct members) saying there's been a security breach of your account? Can't see anything on google about it, but it doesn't try to get you to follow a link or anything. It suggests changing passwords of other accounts with the same password. Not sure if it's a scam? Thanks, Claire

Elilo Thu 07-Apr-16 09:44:08

Hello
yes I had an email this morning saying same thing.
I tried to log into my NCT account and it said that my email address doesn't exist. So I couldn't even re-set my password. I emailed NCT back waiting for a reply.
It is outrageous, I am really angry that my personal data has been compromised.
Let's see what the reply will be.
Elena

AugustaFinkNottle Thu 07-Apr-16 14:06:27

There's nothing on their website or twitter - there are a couple of messages on the Facebook site, but that's from other people who have received the email. I'd be a little sceptical at the moment.

Elilo Thu 07-Apr-16 14:41:18

There was a message on babycentre today: community.babycentre.co.uk/post/a29376823/nct_security_breach

Also, given that I cannot access my account suggests, that something has gone wrong. Still no answer from NCT.

It is very strange that nothing is on their website.

ClaireP86 Thu 07-Apr-16 15:05:29

It's really annoying that they're not being more open and informative... Seems like they're trying to play it down, but I'd appreciate it more if there was more information provided, or at least a statement or acknowledgement on their website. It seems as though nobody can access their NCT accounts.

Elilo Thu 07-Apr-16 16:15:25

the only statement on their website says:
'Due to a technical problem access to our website has been temporarily suspended. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience. '

Yes, it is very bad of them not to be open and not having any information on their website. I am very disappointed and annoyed. So far as a paid member I have only been bombarded by their marketing emails, offering me goods on sale, which are much cheaper elsewhere (without the sales prices) and there are not even any member events/coffee mornings near me that I can attend other than the antenatal class that I paid for anywaysad

AveEldon Thu 07-Apr-16 16:18:17

I tried to look something up on their website earlier in the week and it had been hacked

ClaireP86 Thu 07-Apr-16 16:56:03

Elilo, I have had a similar experience. As a paid member I'm not getting much out of it. I emailed them when I was pregnant as I was quite new to the area and didn't know many people, particularly mums, and didn't hear back. I emailed twice more after having my daughter, and finally got a reply, but there are no local events/coffee mornings in the city, they all seem to be outside of the city. Now they've given my details to a hacker and I can't even access my account. I'd be asking for a refund if it wasn't a charity.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now