Assaults in Cologne and other European cities part VI

(1001 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

HelpTheAnimalsFirst Fri 15-Jan-16 10:54:45

Thread 6.

HelpTheAnimalsFirst Fri 15-Jan-16 10:59:05

poltentapies Yes, the Leftie feminists have done few favours to women, because most of them are coming from the communist perspective where - despite anything unsavoury and undesirable - everyone is equal, even if some men's actions are against women. It's double-think, mildly psychotic.

Pinkchampchoccies Fri 15-Jan-16 11:13:42

Thank you Help.

Any chance for links to the other threads?

re wording: I feel that the "religious or cultural traditions" part at the end doesn't quite tie in with the first paragraph. What doe others think?

On New Year’s Eve, women across Europe were subjected to mass assault. UK women must be free to travel, work and live, without experiencing sexual violence or other hate crimes. We ask the government to debate and enforce measures to uphold women's rights irrespective of religious or cultural traditions. 257

How about
On New Year’s Eve, women across Europe were subjected to mass assault. UK women must be free to travel, work and live, without experiencing intimidation, sexual violence or other hate crime. We ask the government to debate and enforce measures to uphold women's rights in a culturally diverse society. 253

Not sure.

VertigoNun Fri 15-Jan-16 11:17:48

It's a form of gaslighting and Emperors new clothes in my opinion.

VertigoNun Fri 15-Jan-16 11:19:21

Hate crime or crimes? How to use up last 47 characters?

HelpTheAnimalsFirst Fri 15-Jan-16 11:20:16

Cant we be pointed about this and say "sexual assault"

On New Year’s Eve, women across Europe were subjected to mass SEXUAL ASSAULT. UK women must be free to travel, work and live, without experiencing intimidation, sexual violence or other hate crime. We ask the government to debate and enforce measures to uphold women's rights in a culturally diverse society.

VertigoNun Fri 15-Jan-16 11:22:15

On New Year’s Eve, women across Europe were subjected to mass SEXUAL ASSAULT. UK women must be free to travel, work and live, without experiencing intimidation, sexual violence or other hate crimes. We ask the government to debate and enforce measures to uphold women's rights in a culturally diverse society as per xx Act.

VertigoNun Fri 15-Jan-16 11:23:11

Can you add a short request about hate crime legislation?

fourmummy Fri 15-Jan-16 11:24:16

On New Year’s Eve, women across Europe were subjected to mass assault. UK women must be free to travel, work and live, without experiencing intimidation, sexual violence or other hate crime. We ask the government to debate and enforce measures to uphold women's rights in a culturally diverse society. I think we need to keep the
irrespective of religious or cultural traditions but change the 'traditions' to something else because as a poster pointed out, 'traditions' infers something homely and really quite nice.

The irrespective of religious or cultural something part addresses DHs' (and our) concerns that culture/religion and not just patriarchy at the basis of this.

VertigoNun Fri 15-Jan-16 11:25:19

It is patriarchy behind this, look at China.

HelpTheAnimalsFirst Fri 15-Jan-16 11:25:39

Vertigo - We have space just for 300 characters.

VertigoNun Fri 15-Jan-16 11:26:21

I am well aware of the character restrictions.

HelpTheAnimalsFirst Fri 15-Jan-16 11:26:52

Pink Any chance for links to the other threads?

Anyone who can link, pls do so. I'm not that au fait with MN.

HelpTheAnimalsFirst Fri 15-Jan-16 11:29:59

My suggestion:

We ask the government to debate and ensure that hate crime legislation applies also to women in a culturally diverse society.

LumelaMme Fri 15-Jan-16 11:31:36

Religious and cultural attitudes?

everyone is equal
Unless they are leading cadres who get to spend in special shops, send their kids to the best schools etc...

Sorry, off topic.

Pinkchampchoccies Fri 15-Jan-16 11:33:25

traditions - practices?

VertigoNun Fri 15-Jan-16 11:33:49

Op you go to the beginning of thread five, then copy and paste the other threads.

As op your posts are highlighted, so it's best if you link to past threads.

Pinkchampchoccies Fri 15-Jan-16 11:34:44

Religious and cultural attitudes - also good better than traditions.

HelpTheAnimalsFirst Fri 15-Jan-16 11:36:39

This is 298. If we add a space after full stop it will bring us up to 300.

ON NEW YEAR'S EVE, WOMEN ACROSS EUROPE WERE SUBJECTED TO MASS ASSAULT. UK WOMEN MUST BE FREE TO TRAVEL, WORK AND LIVE WITHOUT EXPERIENCING INTIMIDATION AND SEXUAL VIOLENCE. WE ASK THE GOVERNMENT TO DEBATE AND ENSURE THAT HATE CRIME LEGISLATION APPLIES ALSO TO WOMEN IN A CULTURALLY DIVERSE SOCIETY.

TheNewStatesman Fri 15-Jan-16 11:37:57

Sounds good to me.

Let's do it. Strike while the iron is hot. Cologne will start falling out of the news soon.

Pinkchampchoccies Fri 15-Jan-16 11:38:58

Does anyone know if equal opportunities and women's rights are covered in the school curriculum?

They are hot on promoting religious tolerance. Are they just as keen on promoting tolerance towards women, LGBT 'community' etc.?

Pinkchampchoccies Fri 15-Jan-16 11:39:42

Very nice Help!

HelpTheAnimalsFirst Fri 15-Jan-16 11:40:39

As you can see Pink I have dropped the comma after LIVE.

VertigoNun Fri 15-Jan-16 11:40:53

There was an attempt to remove them from the A levels, this has been stopped.

My children were not taught feminism at school. It was something they have been educating their peers about. grin

Pinkchampchoccies Fri 15-Jan-16 11:42:14

i am all for dropping commas help smile. i really like your latest suggestion, it sums everything up, is logical and expresses what i would like to achieve. wonderful. let's go.

This thread is not accepting new messages.