Talk

Advanced search

5 British spies executed by Isis

(13 Posts)
MumOnTheRunCatchingUp Sun 03-Jan-16 17:24:53

Their poor families. No idea when/how they were caught, but I assume missing for a while before being shot

MumOnTheRunCatchingUp Sun 03-Jan-16 17:30:05

www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/isis-releases-video-showing-execution-of-five-british-spies-and-warning-to-david-cameron-a6794551.html

cdtaylornats Mon 04-Jan-16 08:31:08

Given that Daesh appears to be paranoid who knows if they were spies or not. Its well within that groups mindset to decide they needed to execute some spies and just pick the handiest 5 civilians.

meditrina Mon 04-Jan-16 08:39:51

They are probably not spies in the sense of being employed by MI6.

They might however be those who act as informants for them.

Or simply those who have travelled out of Da'esh controlled territory and returned.

Or anyone at random.

So people might well have been aware that their family member had travelled to Syria, and believe they are fighting with or otherwise supporting Da'esh until something like this.

Ubik1 Mon 04-Jan-16 08:48:03

I also saw that they threw a fifteen year old boy off a building for being gay.

Fifteen years old.

meditrina Mon 04-Jan-16 09:04:31

Children are both executed and executioners.

(Though of course, young people are considered of age rather younger there).

TrojanWhore Mon 04-Jan-16 18:35:12

I'm just watching this on the early evening news.

ITV are reporting that sources say the young boy is the son of Khadijah (Grace) Dare, a 'jihadi bride' from South London.

MumOnTheRunCatchingUp Mon 04-Jan-16 19:12:25

Well whoever they are it's horrific

That young boy stands no chance either

springscoming Tue 05-Jan-16 08:52:22

They were murdered. The word executed has some weird connotations of justification about it. Let's call it what it is.

Bastards.

chilledwarmth Tue 05-Jan-16 11:57:03

Spy doesn't mean you are employed by the agency, it refers to people who give them information so they could very well have been spies. But Islamic State aren't known for their trustworthy reputation and there's no way to verify what they said so it's doubtful.

MumOnTheRunCatchingUp Tue 05-Jan-16 14:41:33

The family are now calling for the little boy and his mum to come. A k yo the UK..... Er, do we want her back? She's obviously been radicalised herself

FannyTheChampionOfTheWorld Tue 05-Jan-16 19:56:51

There's no way to verify what they've said, and I don't suppose IS give much in the way of due process. I'd be fairly surprised if not a single one of the hundreds of Brits who've gone over there was in the security forces though. Just maybe not these particular Brits.

MumOnTheRunCatchingUp Tue 05-Jan-16 21:00:56

Don't know, but can't see this just 'going away' anytime soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now