Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Los Angeles schools cancel classes due to threat

(7 Posts)
chilledwarmth Tue 15-Dec-15 16:09:42

The link to the story is edition.cnn.com/2015/12/15/us/los-angeles-schools-closed-threat/index.html

They are saying an electronic threat, so sounds like an emailed threat, or talk about something discovered on a website. All schools are going to be searched thoroughly.

AuntieStella Tue 15-Dec-15 16:12:22

I've just seen this - over 900 schools (every one in that school district) with c.640,000 pupils.

Not much is being said about the nature of the threat (unsurprising).

ThroughThickAndThin01 Tue 15-Dec-15 16:13:55

Seems a very drastic action. Either they are feeling very jittery, or its perceived as a very real threat.

AuntieStella Tue 15-Dec-15 16:15:35

The commentary I heard was suggesting that perceptions of threat have changed since the San Bernardino attack. But as the nature of this threat isn't really known, it can only be speculation.

chilledwarmth Tue 15-Dec-15 16:16:38

My guess is that there must be something in the threat to justify taking it this seriously, I'd be very surprised if it was just a random threat.

cdtaylornats Thu 17-Dec-15 12:12:39

New York identified it as a fake right away. I would be suspicious when it happened on an exam day. I suspect it will happen again whenever someone with enough tech sense has an exam they didn't study for.

WaitingForSnow Thu 17-Dec-15 12:16:01

I wonder why there was a different response in different cities?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now