Talk

Advanced search

Children's Food Bill in Parliament today

(7 Posts)
LunarSea Tue 18-May-04 14:38:40

Advertising and marketing junk food to children could be banned if a the Children's Food Bill - which is launched in Parliament today - is passed. Details are here .

Other proposals include limiting what foods are available in schools (vending machines and "tuck shops", not just school meals).

About time that this was addressed - shame that it takes a Private Memeber's Bill, and not government policy to try to get something done though.

Heathcliffscathy Tue 18-May-04 14:54:45

i have signed up, and hope that everyone else does, this bill needs to go through! thanks for the link lunarsea...

Heathcliffscathy Tue 18-May-04 15:05:41

oi, come on ladies, you know it makes sense (adopts sergeant major like attitude and is promptly told to f*ck off by most of mn! )

muddaofsuburbia Tue 18-May-04 15:08:47

Have signed up too - thanks LS

Sonnet Tue 18-May-04 15:25:54

Thanks for posting this
ALL get signing
A very worthy cause

Marina Tue 18-May-04 15:40:35

Also signed up. Subject I feel really strongly about as am fighting a rearguard action on contents of ds' snack for school. All the other children seem to have high-fat, high-salt/sugar snacks and drinks *every* day, not just as occasional treats. Or so ds claims

WideWebWitch Tue 18-May-04 22:41:33

Oh yes, I've been banging on about this for ages, really hope it happens. Powerful food groups will do whatever they can to stop it though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: