loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is this just the beginning?

(13 Posts)
BlissfullyUnknown Sun 15-Nov-15 22:29:40

news.sky.com/story/1588256/france-drops-20-bombs-on-is-stronghold-raqqa

sharonthewaspandthewineywall Sun 15-Nov-15 22:40:10

I can't help but fear the repercussions that will occur due to this. I really don't know what else can be done though

Crazypetlady Sun 15-Nov-15 22:46:28

It is horrific.

Out2pasture Sun 15-Nov-15 22:50:42

it needed to be done a long time ago. what is horrific is how the citizens of the countries involved let it happen.

BlissfullyUnknown Sun 15-Nov-15 22:57:53

I agree entirely Sharon. The repercussions could be colossal. It's worrying the impact this will have.

howtorebuild Sun 15-Nov-15 23:01:16

Each side sent the other strong messages. sad

FortyFacedFuckers Sun 15-Nov-15 23:04:33

I agree something has to be done but i am terrified about what will happen next.

cuntycowfacemonkey Sun 15-Nov-15 23:12:15

If I'm reading the article right these were pre planned air strikes but in light of recent events France have carried them out. I don't think it's a knee jerk "let's scramble the planes and bomb the bastards back"

This isn't the first air strike against IS so no it's not the begining

MissFitt68 Sun 15-Nov-15 23:24:03

I think France's ports and airports will be targeted next. And the trains etc. This causes maximum trouble for both them and other countries too. Can see Calais being next. With the refugees there it will be easy to be incognito and blend in.

I think retaliation was expected and that Isis will ha e a plan put together in anticipation of this

prh47bridge Mon 16-Nov-15 07:29:35

This is pretty much what France has been doing for the last month as part of the bombing campaign that the USA, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Australia have been carrying out for a year. Unfortunately bombing doesn't seem to be effective in stopping IS.

meditrina Mon 16-Nov-15 07:47:13

Because Britain is not much involved, I think the extent and duration of the ongoing bombing campaign has not been much in the (main channel) news in UK. Both Russia and France have publicised their bombing raids following the attacks on their citizens: is that for their home audience?

Because from the point of view of those under the bombs, it's more of the same.

MissFitt68 Mon 16-Nov-15 13:09:52

7 attempts of terrorism in the uk in past year!

AmberR12 Tue 17-Nov-15 09:20:21

Just because it hasn't happened here yet doesn't mean it won't. There were thwarted attempts already in the uk. Do we sit back and do nothing? No that is the worse thing we can do it will allow ISIS to get worse and commit more attacks. We need to wipeout their strongholds. We need intelligence to route out these attacks. We need muslims to stand up against them too and report what they hear at mosques etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now