Talk

Advanced search

Ebola nurse - update?

(12 Posts)
2snugglets Fri 16-Oct-15 07:11:15

On Tuesday Sky news did a breaking story that the nurse who caught Ebola and had previously got better was now critical. Also that she had been at the pride of Britain awards and spent time with Samantha Cameron.
I kept checking for updates about her condition but it's like the story has been wiped.
I find this really strange, especially given some of the random stories being covered.
Is this to stop mass hysteria...... Can't help but think there is something not .

2snugglets Fri 16-Oct-15 07:13:13

..not right. praying she makes a full recovery

AbeSaidYes Fri 16-Oct-15 07:13:41

Esther also visited a school and parents were not informed until afterwards. I am quite easy going but given what has happened if I was one of those parents I would be a bit pissed off.

AbeSaidYes Fri 16-Oct-15 07:14:18

*she not Esther!

roughtyping Fri 16-Oct-15 07:14:31

She's still critically ill. Just googled and there was a Scotsman article from 7 hours ago. That poor woman.

NickNacks Fri 16-Oct-15 07:14:40

I saw yesterday that she was still critical. Still in bed at the moment so not seen news today...

Northernlurker Fri 16-Oct-15 07:15:08

Ummm maybe, just maybe, her family have decided they don't want to update the nation every few hours whilst she is 'critically ill'?

hmm

Can we try NOT to see conspiracy everywhere and just apply a bit of humanity to a situation?

roughtyping Fri 16-Oct-15 07:15:30

Her name is Pauline Cafferkey btw.

2snugglets Fri 16-Oct-15 07:18:47

Yes I hope it is just out of respect for her and family.
Normally though those awful Sky news reporters are standing outside the hospital doing live reports.

meditrina Fri 16-Oct-15 07:34:18

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/in_the_news/2483749-Pauline-Cafferkey-in-hospital-with-ebola-again which is a fairly quiet thread, but started from when she was transferred to London, and it was made clear then that there would be no regular updates. Though there would be statements when there was something to be said.

And of course there's also lots of info in the topic

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/ebola

which was set up to prevent alarmist threads spreading all across MN.

Cerseirys Fri 16-Oct-15 07:36:24

Abe if she wasn't symptomatic when she visited the school then the children are not in danger.

Whatsername24 Tue 20-Oct-15 11:30:02

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34574899

Her condition has changed from critical to serious but stable according to this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now