Ted Heath Asexual

(17 Posts)
Charis1 Fri 14-Aug-15 20:28:58

added to another thread, then decided to start my own, as the other thread is about Ted Heath specifically, and mine is about asexuality.

Ted Heath is being called asexual. Of course, there is no way of knowing now, he is the only one who knew whether he was or wasn't, but if he was asexual, it is likely that the assumption was made that he was homosexual, because in those days it was seen very much either/or, ( either gay or straight) but 1% of the population would have been asexual, than as now.

Isitmebut Fri 14-Aug-15 23:44:20

If someone calls Ted Heath tomorrow a hermaphrodite, will we get a FORTH post started on Mumsnet 'News' on his sexuality?

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Charis1 Fri 14-Aug-15 23:51:43

because it is so misunderstood, NeedAscarf.

There was a psychologist on the radio earlier claiming Asexuality was caused by having cold, emotionally absent parents, and traumatic birth experiences, and that most asexuals are short, underweight and have suffered ill health all their lives!

With a so called "professional" being so blind ignorant, and broadcasting such rubbish, what hope do asexuals have of anyone else knowing what it means.

Samcro Fri 14-Aug-15 23:58:20

you do know he is dead`?

Lightnessofbeing2015 Sat 15-Aug-15 00:05:55

Why ' so called professional' that is just a gratuitous insult.

Charis1 Sat 15-Aug-15 00:16:04

Why ' so called professional' that is just a gratuitous insult.

yeah, how would you respond if she said boys become homosexual because their mothers aren't affectionate enough, or that a traumatic child birth experience is what makes women become lesbian!

Charis1 Sat 15-Aug-15 00:17:23

if anyone were to "come out" to me as asexual I'd just be "oh okay...um" because I'm just not bothered about other's sex lives but it might be important to them to tell you, particularly if you were treating them with the assumption that they were gay or straight.

Isitmebut Sat 15-Aug-15 00:38:37

I swear if any of my children said they were gay (or whatever) I'd be fine about it but I wouldn't want to know the specific 'ins and outs' about their sexuality/preferences, any more than they'd like to hear about mine - especially at times I saw more action than they did at Dunkirk.

Only a week or so ago I happened to mention a few details of the best holiday of my life, and got told not to.

Isitmebut Sat 15-Aug-15 00:40:29

Errr they are all over 25-years old by the way, not at primary school.

Charis1 Sat 15-Aug-15 00:44:22

but asexuals can still be gay or straight (or bi or pan) and even then can still enjoy and want sex.

no

Charis1 Sat 15-Aug-15 02:19:38

Asexuals still get in relationships though? And masturbate? Asexuals don't have *lonely lives with no romantic relations and I'd say someone in a relationship with the same sex was gay/bi/pan or someone in a relationship was straight/bi/pan.*

some asexuals are romantic, but not sexual, so no, not straight/gay/bi/pan.

many are not romantic, and no! -
there is nothing lonely about a life without any romantic relationship!

Charis1 Sat 15-Aug-15 08:45:47

I just came across an item on radio 4 on someone doing a phd in asexual studies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now