Talk

Advanced search

Sophia Vergara's embryo custody dispute

(4 Posts)
AuntPorridger Thu 30-Apr-15 09:41:09

Has anyone else seen this bizarre piece by Sophia Vergara's ex-fiance? Basically he is trying to get custody of their frozen embryos so he can have her/their children without her. I think he's a nutcase, not least because he should find someone else to have children with. However I do accept that a childless woman with fertility issues might equally feel she has the right to become the parent to frozen embryos from a defunct relationship, regardless of the wishes of her ex-partner.

PotteringAlong Thu 30-Apr-15 09:43:33

I think that he has just as much right to have children with them as she does, but as they agreed they would only be used with both their consent that shouldn't change now.

Smellyoulateralligator Thu 30-Apr-15 09:51:32

She doesn't have a right to do anything with them without his consent either. He really needs to move on. The NYT article comments are a good read.
I agree, it really is a bizarre piece.

DoItTooJulia Mon 04-May-15 09:11:54

I feel sorry for both of them. But you can't renege on the legally binding deal made at the time, so he needs to move on.

I hope he gets to become a parent soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now