Talk

Advanced search

Devastating tragedy in Bath.

(24 Posts)
hubbabubba81 Tue 10-Feb-15 09:52:51

I can't stop thinking about the tragic accident in Bath yesterday afternoon. Bath is my home town and I know that particular area well.

I have a daughter the same age (reportedly) as the young girl who lost her life in the accident, and it has really upset me.

Our thoughts and prayers are with all those affected by yesterday's events.

Rest in Peace little angel xxxx

balletgirlmum Tue 10-Feb-15 09:57:21

It's awful. I only saw a snippet on the news but I can't imagine the horror.

SurlyCue Tue 10-Feb-15 09:59:01

What happened? Could you provide a link so people can see what you are discussing?

GooseyLoosey Tue 10-Feb-15 10:00:31

Dd goes to school down that road every day. It is very steep and winding at the top. I can't even imagine the horror of a lorry losing control on that hill.

My thoughts are with everyone affected by this. A terrible thing to happen.

Endler32 Tue 10-Feb-15 10:04:02

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-31339654

Very sad, my thoughts are with the family and friends of those who lost their lives.

hoppus Tue 10-Feb-15 10:04:18

m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-31321186

Horrific sad

TakingTheStairs Tue 10-Feb-15 10:04:25

awful accident

TakingTheStairs Tue 10-Feb-15 10:04:45

Cross posts.

hubbabubba81 Tue 10-Feb-15 10:07:15

Thank you providing the links.

SurlyCue Tue 10-Feb-15 10:11:05

Thank for links. How awful. RIP all deceased and speedy recovery for those injured.

Endler32 Tue 10-Feb-15 10:24:51

The little girl was 4 years old, just a baby sad.

LovestFromest Tue 10-Feb-15 10:27:50

I have a child that age. I simply cannot imagine..

flowers

Marzipanface Tue 10-Feb-15 10:33:21

It's horrid. I used to live along that street and went to the school. I can't stop thinking about those poor victims.

hubbabubba81 Tue 10-Feb-15 10:45:32

Endler32 I didn't know they had confirmed the age of the little girl.

aphrodites Tue 10-Feb-15 13:28:46

It's an awful tragedy, I can't imagine how the families must be feeling, especially of the little girl. We live on the other side of Bath but when I saw it I still called dh to make sure he was safe on his way home. Can you imagine being the lorry driver? he'll be out of hospital soon and will have to face being involved in the death of 4 people.

hubbabubba81 Tue 10-Feb-15 13:35:30

aphrodites - I agree with you. The police have now named the little girl and released a photo. She was 4 years old.

The driver is 19 years old. Like you say, we mustn't forget him, as he will have to live with this tragedy, even if he wasn't at fault.

R.I.P little angel x

EnriqueTheRingBearingLizard Tue 10-Feb-15 13:38:26

So sad. What an awful thing to happen. Your heart goes out to everyone affected flowers

AuntieStella Tue 10-Feb-15 13:42:33

Her name has been released Mitzi Rosanna Steady

She was walking home from school with her grandmother who remains in hospital.

TheFairyCaravan Tue 10-Feb-15 13:51:32

So very, very sad for all concerned. sad The little girl is so beautiful, her poor family and the poor families of the other 3 who have lost their lives. sad

I feel incredibly sorry for the poor lorry driver who is only 19. I have 2 boys aged 18&20 and I know they'd have such a job coping with something like this. Apparently he was sounding his horn when he was coming down the hill and it was obvious he had no control over the lorry. Poor boy sad

Annunziata Tue 10-Feb-15 13:54:10

Beautiful little girl sad May she rest in peace.

Showy Tue 10-Feb-15 13:59:11

It is just awful. Those poor families. I think the only positive thing that can come from such tragedy is a review of how that road is used. We have a similar set up at school and are trying to stop the council bin lorries going down there at school drop off and pick up. Too many near misses. This is a terrible and unpredictable accident but I hope a tiny bit of change comes from it.

Abra1d Tue 10-Feb-15 14:00:51

So, so sad for everyone concerned, including the driver.

ladymariner Tue 10-Feb-15 14:31:06

So sad for everybody concerned....thoughts go to the families, I have no idea how they can begin to put one foot in front of the other, and as a mother of a 19 year old my heart goes out to the driver too, it sounds as though he did everything he could to avoid hitthing anyone, I hope he gets the help and support he will need.

Oodbrain Tue 10-Feb-15 14:45:11

Dh grew up on that street and had a text from his brother about it.
Saw it on the news this morning, horrific place to lose control and no one will have stood a chance.

Condolences to all the families involved.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: