Talk

Advanced search

ched evans and sky.....

(7 Posts)
dragonfly007 Thu 08-Jan-15 08:55:51

Assuming the deal between ched and oldham proceeds, will sky and other clubs be treating games involving ched as business as usual, playing and promoting as normal?

What do people think?

dragonfly007 Thu 08-Jan-15 09:12:23

Bump

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 08-Jan-15 12:02:27

On the strength of the evidence of what has happened when other footballers who have been to prison have been re-employed, I'm sure the FA will treat it as business as usual. The guy is obviously toxic from a PR standpoint and Oldham appear to have factored in that it's worth losing a few sponsors & supporters if they sign him (because he will be going cheap) but I don't see why other clubs or TV networks would change behaviour. Sport generally seems very forgiving of criminality in its participants as long as the playing is good quality.

RiverTam Thu 08-Jan-15 12:03:49

Sky are reporting that the deal is off (though the BBC are saying different).

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 08-Jan-15 12:13:41

BBC are reporting that the Oldham club staff have been subjected to threats so the deal is off. Bullying of that kind is terrorism and the mass hysteria around this matter is disgraceful....

dragonfly007 Thu 08-Jan-15 17:07:37

I agree the bullying and intimidation towards individuals is disgraceful, however I can't help but feel pleased that the contract is withdrawn. I am not a football fan and do not support any team, so some may say my opinion is irrelevant, but as the mother of boy's I would be disappointed to see them hero worship any person who had committed such a heinous crime.

AppleYumYum Thu 08-Jan-15 22:46:44

I agree, it's stooping to their level with the intimidation and threatening behaviour.

Still, I am very pleased it is off, it was a deal that really smacked of desperation, with the FIL (to be) offering to pay his salary for a year and any loss of money from Sponsors pulling out etc. Why is he so keen to get him back into football at any cost, what about that he cheated on his daughter? Does the fiancée and FIL to be just want to be associated with a football star for the reflected glory? hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now