Talk

Advanced search

#illridewithyou

(9 Posts)
FATEdestiny Mon 15-Dec-14 12:53:13

BBC News Blog:

#illridewithyou

I may have just had a baby and so be hormonal, but I have just watched this on the BBC News channel and it is so heart-warming it made me cry.

CornChips Mon 15-Dec-14 13:05:30

I agree. I like how people are saying that they will stand together shoulder to shoulder to condemn racism and hatred, no matter what awful events occur.

maudpringles Mon 15-Dec-14 13:11:17

I was driving when I heard this and it made me tear up a bit.
Fabulous

dreamcometrue Mon 15-Dec-14 13:12:21

Wonderful. Britain could learn from this.

TheYuletideMovement Mon 15-Dec-14 13:13:31

Not to be facetious but that would mean something completely different here in Ireland! And can apostrophes not be used on twitter (serious question)?

PausingFlatly Mon 15-Dec-14 13:14:17

Fantastic. Brilliant way to resist those whose mission is division and antagonism.

mrsfarquhar Mon 15-Dec-14 14:41:18

This is so simple and so brilliant, I hope it becomes something that is automatically done in the wake of terror. Fighting terror and violence in a radically human way. The only to fight terrorism long term is with togetherness, to show that far from dividing people it makes us more aware of our similarities and our humanity. It destroys the idea of 'them' and 'us' which is so vital for terrorism to work.

FATEdestiny Mon 15-Dec-14 16:50:45

I don't do twitter but apparently it has been trending. Lovely idea. I hope it's not just a fad though, that people who offer really do encourage others to ride with them.

ToffeeCaramel Tue 16-Dec-14 11:45:41

It's great and it's sad that it should be necessary in the first place.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now