Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Child burned in Pakistan treated in Glasgow *edited by MNHQ*

(16 Posts)
Weegiemum Fri 21-Feb-14 19:12:33

I'm feeling rather proud of the hospital who treated my daughter through a 5 year hip problem.

This wee boy was gravely injured in Pakistan, losing his mother, father and brother. His uncle arranged treatment and a visa for him in Yorkhill, an awesome place.

Hoping they can treat his 80% burns and help him recover xx

Roseformeplease Fri 21-Feb-14 19:14:48

Your sentiment is good. There is a rather horrible way your heading could be read, I am afraid. Yes, great that he is getting treatment and so sad that he had such an awful start in life.

sublimecorpse Fri 21-Feb-14 19:14:49

Oh my goodness - I read the thread title in completely the wrong way shock

Hadmeathello Fri 21-Feb-14 19:16:20

I opened the thread hesitantly because I thought you were saying something else too blush

shakethetree Fri 21-Feb-14 19:17:24

I thought someone from Pakistan had burnt a child in Glasgow. very confusing thread title.

HectorVector Fri 21-Feb-14 19:18:36

Errrmm you might want to get your thread title altered. It can be read in a different way all together.

givemeaclue Fri 21-Feb-14 19:18:37

Gosh, what an awful title.
Hope child is ok

nicename Fri 21-Feb-14 19:20:07

This was on the radio this morning - I only heard a bit and thought that they hadn't managed to get him over yet. Great news, the poor mite.

I hope they can also get the pensioner back over to Scotland - the one with a medical history of mental illness, and facing a death sentence for blasphemy (oddly accused by a neighbour after a property dispute).

hootloop Fri 21-Feb-14 19:20:26

I read it the wrong way too. Am glad this was a nicer thread than I expected and hope the child gets well.

PenguinBear Fri 21-Feb-14 19:20:35

Agree about the title. Please ask HQ to change it!

shakinstevenslovechild Fri 21-Feb-14 19:21:20

Bloody awful title, can you ask to get it changed?

Poor little lad has been through so much in his short life, thank goodness for his amazing Uncle and the wonderful hospital. Hope he recovers quickly.

claig Fri 21-Feb-14 19:22:42

Yes title is bad. Try and change it.

WildThong Fri 21-Feb-14 19:24:07

Nice story. Hope Yorkhill do better with the baby than they did with mine. I'm not a fan due to personal experience as you can probably tell.

kaumana Fri 21-Feb-14 19:26:32

Please change the title. Report your post ask to amend the title.

kaumana Fri 21-Feb-14 23:37:22

I'm hoping he is doing well.

nennypops Sat 22-Feb-14 01:24:58

Yes, good for the hospital. Though I fear this is going to bring out the same sort of pathetic moaners who grumbled about Malala Yousafzai getting treatment over here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now