Talk

Advanced search

Simon Cowell's Babymama's 'impossible' custody agreement

(13 Posts)
grabagran Wed 19-Feb-14 11:46:52

www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2562593/The-bitter-divorce-threatens-Cowell-apart-baby-Eric.html

According to the paper-that-never-lies, Simon Cowell is banned from seeing Lauren Silverman's other son (Adam aged 8) until January 2015. Apparently this involves a $50,000 penalty if broken, and after three strikes the mother loses temporary joint custody. At the mo,Adam spends a week each with each parent whilst being schooled in NY. I can see that the ex husband feels very angry about the betrayal, and the USA legal system is very different from ours, but this seems very mean on the kid. Any legal eagles out there who can comment if this story has a factual basis??? If so how bonkers is that.

BoneyBackJefferson Wed 19-Feb-14 18:22:19

why is it impossible?

EatShitDerek Wed 19-Feb-14 18:24:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Joules68 Wed 19-Feb-14 19:11:04

So he can meet his half brother?

minipie Thu 20-Feb-14 12:38:39

I don't see the problem.

Week 1, it's Simon+Lauren+baby. Adam is with his father.
Week 2, it's Lauren+Adam+baby. Simon is elsewhere.
Week 3 as per week 1 and so on.

A bit restrictive but not impossible. Adam will be able to see the baby every other week. Not sure there is any need for Adam to meet Simon right now is there?

Plus it's only for 11 months

dyzzidi Thu 20-Feb-14 12:47:03

Dh works away for two weeks then home for two weeks and our family life balance is just fine. Granted there are no actual restrictions just work circumstances but the world does not end when dh is away.

It's not as though he can't afford to rent another place to stay at when the boy is with his mother.

ExcuseTypos Thu 20-Feb-14 12:53:06

I think it's the best thing for Adam. He sees his dad one week and his mum and half brother the next. He doesn't need to see Simon.

It's a pain in the arse for Lauren and Simon, but that's what happens when you get pregnant whilst still married to someone else. Although I have a feeling that Simon will be delighted with the arrangements, he gets a week every fortnight when he can do what the hell he wants.

minipie Thu 20-Feb-14 12:53:57

Um realistically I suspect he will do whatever the hell he wants both weeks in every fortnight!

chipsandpeas Thu 20-Feb-14 12:55:57

and the times simon cowell is out of the USA ie over here doing as rumoured x factor this year then he can arrange that he does it on the week hes not allowed the older child

ExcuseTypos Thu 20-Feb-14 12:57:22

Well that's true mini, but I expect he'll be loving the fact that he has a "proper" excuse to be absent for a week.

LauraBridges Thu 20-Feb-14 14:11:52

I think it's very sensible. It's not fair to foist a new lover on a child. Keep them well away for a year or two. Of course the ex husband should probably though do a DNA test in case it is really his son!

grabagran Thu 20-Feb-14 17:57:57

So why is Adam not allowed to see Simon now, but in January? Why not ban him forever if you're that angry? What difference will a year make? It's not as if they don't know each other. Uncle Simon has been holidaying with him for years. Unless (ah,the penny drops) the father doesn't think it's going to work out and doesn't want the kid to get used to the Simon life only to have it disappear when another raven haired, sloe eyed, olive skinned identikit-Lauren-Mezhgan-Terri turns up. If that's the case then it is more understandable.

LauraBridges Thu 20-Feb-14 18:01:28

Most parents think it is wise if they break up that the children get used to seeing the separated parent alone rather than having to share their precious time with a virtual stranger, particularly one who helpd the committing of the adultery and stole their parent away from the other parent. Indeed I know two men who left for another woman and did not move in with her, moved into their own new flat and the children saw only those men for at least a year so it was not like man moves from wife to lover and children have to tolerate that immediately. Psychologically this is much better for children who get used to the parents separated rather than having to get used to two awful things at once - separated parents plus their parents awful new lover.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now