Talk

Advanced search

Dylan Farrow

(9 Posts)
knickernicker Mon 03-Feb-14 22:51:24

I believe her and feel for her but there are some things I don't understand. Why hasn't she now as an adult reported this to the police? What is the point of going public without using the proper channels to bring a prosecution? Also in going so public this must be very uncomfortable for Allen's youngest adopted children.

SouthernComforts Mon 03-Feb-14 22:57:07

From what I read today the statute of limitations has run out so he can't be charged.

Very odd story but terrible if its true.

edamsavestheday Mon 03-Feb-14 22:58:48

No idea who's right and who's wrong but this is a guy who ran off with his teenage stepdaughter...

NatashaBee Mon 03-Feb-14 23:01:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Animation Tue 04-Feb-14 13:14:54

It was reported that she wrote an open letter about the alleged abuse because she felt like the Oscar nomination was like a rebuke.

She addressed some of the actresses by name as well questioning their involvement with him, particularly as they remembered her as a child.

I can understand that if the abuse happened then she would feel betrayed in this way.

LizLemongrass Tue 04-Feb-14 13:17:05

Her story rings true for me: the fact that other people dont seem to care hurts her all over again.

Brodicea Tue 04-Feb-14 17:33:08

It really worries me how we're as a culture, really happy to gloss over allegations towards those who we respect artistically. I was shocked by Dylan Farrow's allegations as a former Woody Allen fan, and really saddened that the world seems to just pretend not to hear her.

Onesleeptillwembley Tue 04-Feb-14 17:39:37

Making no other comment, but can I point out that at no point was his current wife his stepdaughter.

LeBearPolar Tue 04-Feb-14 17:46:23

As Natasha says, it was reported at the time, by Mia Farrow when Dylan told her what had allegedly happened, but the case was dropped. So what else can Dylan do now? Should she be completely voiceless?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now