Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Royal baby & scabby cheap gifts!!!

(9 Posts)
rainbowfeet Mon 22-Jul-13 10:44:31

Ready for a flaming here!!!...

But I wonder what makes people send/give/leave at the hospital really cheap scabby presents for the Royal baby!!!

I know people mean well but you know the type of thing I mean cheap soft toys like the ones you get in seaside grabber machines, stuff from the £1.00 shop or tacky market stools!!! (Now when we had our babies, we were all given something that we turned our nose up at because it looked cheap)!! (Mine was frilly itchy dresses from the market for dd) but with the royal couple & all their money imagine what they'd have thought of such tat!!!!!!

I know presents from the common public will be collected up & sent to charities but some of it will probably just need dumping!!!! wink

rainbowfeet Mon 22-Jul-13 10:45:39

Sorry just spotted stools instead of stalls!!! shock

Light hearted thread don't beat me up please!!! wink

YoniBottsBumgina Mon 22-Jul-13 10:50:12

Did you!!!!!! use!!!!! enough!!!!! exclamation!!!!!! marks?!?!?!?!?!

Ahem.

I imagine they will be grateful and touched by the fact people have thought and gone to the effort to get them gifts at all not judging people for not spending enough confused it's not like they would be able to use them all anyway since there would be too many.

EweHaveGoatToBeKiddin Mon 22-Jul-13 10:51:44

I'd imagine these people are doing it because it makes them happy. Or it makes them feel as though they have some sort of connection to the future prince/princess.

Where's the harm?

swiftly hides my one-eared maggoty teddy ready to be shipped off to Buckingham Palace

peachactiviaminge Mon 22-Jul-13 10:56:01

When I had my DS I wasn't given anything cheap or otherwise I would've loved a little gift to show someone else out there cared. Its the thought and the kindness and love that are shown that really matter. If someone spends what little money they have on a gift just be a use they care it IMO proves more than someone buying a lavish gift just to show they can.

rainbowfeet Mon 22-Jul-13 10:56:03

It's not even just about money some tat costs a fortune!!... I was also bought a Christian Dior baby bottle & 2 Juicy Couture dummies!! Pure tackiness!!!! wink

GobblersKnob Mon 22-Jul-13 11:02:27

Oh.

I was just off to poo out a stool on the steps of St Mary's Hospital, is that not the done thing?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<worries>

peachactiviaminge Mon 22-Jul-13 11:06:12

Different strokes etc who's to say The Duchess isn't a fan of magotty one eared teddy bears or juicy couture dummies? grin Perhaps the royal baby will spend it's first year dressed in Burberry onesies with Swag emblazoned across the bum.

specialsubject Wed 24-Jul-13 17:14:20

who knows why people do this for people they don't know?

HRHs have suggested that people spend the money on gifts or donations where it is needed. Good for them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now