Talk

Advanced search

co sleeping

(7 Posts)
ele2 Thu 25-May-06 11:01:20

Having seen a piece on This Morning yesterday about co sleeping and the piece in the news about a coroner claiming 300 children a year die because of it perhaps someone can answer a question for me!? I have always wondered what people who co sleep do with a crawling/rolling baby in the evening? Do you not put it to bed until you go to bed? How do you stop them from rolling out of bed? Silly question maybe but one I've always wondered about.

Tatties Thu 25-May-06 11:04:30

I put ds to bed in his cot around 7pm, then he comes into our bed sometime between 11pm and 3am.

The '300' figure was an estimate btw.

Callisto Thu 25-May-06 11:05:41

I put my baby in a cot until I come to bed. If I am lucky (rare!) she sleeps in the cot all night, otherwise she wakes me up - not by crying btw - and gets into bed with me. She is 13 months.

katzg Thu 25-May-06 11:05:49

same as tatties - dd2 goes into her own bed at 7ish and then comes into ours when she wakes up in the night

plummymummy Thu 25-May-06 11:17:40

Wouldn't do it with a crawling baby. Co-slept with ds for first 12 weeks as it was the only way he would get any sleep at all and as he fed every hour, I was going insane. Always worried about it and probably slept very lightly as a result. Never did it after a drink though and I don't smoke.

poppadum Thu 25-May-06 11:19:42

i coslept with both of mine. Didn't see the piece, but I think that's rubbish. I put my baby to sleep at 8.00 pm, and put pillows all around, and a soft mattress near the bed.

blueshoes Thu 25-May-06 11:29:24

ele2, your question about a co-sleeping crawling/rolling baby. If my dd woke up in the middle of the night (from rolling and crawling, she is now running and jumping!), she does not try to get out of bed but cries loudly instead. Can't say this for all babies but I would have thought they wake up because of some disturbance eg hunger, teething, separation anxiety and later, nightmares, rather than because they want to explore.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: