Talk

Advanced search

I think this paragraph deserves a wider audience than just the DT!

(6 Posts)
JanH Wed 24-May-06 14:23:54

Anybody know Craig Redfern?

Fantastic article about Robbie Williams in Africa for Soccer Aid - includes this:

<<When Robbie talks of the Soccer Aid match as - aside from its nobler uses - vanquishing some demons, he does have one specific act of retribution in mind. During the Take That era, he was in a pub after a game of football and one of the team he played with said to him, with what Robbie remembers as such anger in his eyes, 'Thank God you're a pop star, eh, cause you're f*ing useless at football.'

...And now, for him, football-insult revenge is on its way:

'You can name him as well, Craig Redfern. F*ing dickhead. He was great - he was centre forward and he scored a lot of goals - but I think out of the two of us, he better than me or not, I'll be the only one captaining a team in front of 70-odd thousand at Old Trafford.'>>

FioFio Wed 24-May-06 14:26:26

Message deleted

JoolsToo Wed 24-May-06 14:27:10

GeorginaA Wed 24-May-06 14:37:22

Oh that's brill

Carmenere Wed 24-May-06 14:38:06

Robbie - keeping it real

mrsbang Wed 24-May-06 14:46:46

Yep, can think of 1001 things that could use Robbie's cash here in the Potteries, lol.

(in fairness to him, lol, he does splash a bit now and again.....and I'm not talking about the money he wasted "investing" it into his favourite footie club)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: