Talk

Advanced search

anyone read the SOUTH LONDON PRESS?

(8 Posts)
moonshaddow Wed 24-May-06 10:48:44

I'm desperately seeking an advert for fire service recruitment, all the helpline can tell me is that the advert is in the south london press over the next 10 days, but there is no way to access the ad on the internet, if anyone could give me the details I would be so greatful, otherwise it will be a trip to london for me to find the thing!!

keeping my fingers crossed!!

plummymummy Thu 25-May-06 11:21:18

Their office is based in Leigham Court Road, Streatham, London. Maybe you could phone them and ask if they could send you a copy if you send money for it and an SAE? Their number should be on the internet if you google it.

plummymummy Thu 25-May-06 11:23:36

Alternatively you could send a SAE to me and I will get one and post it to you. The shop on the corner sells them so it's no bother.

batters Thu 25-May-06 18:07:04

moonshaddow I've got the freebie bit of the South London Press and it has the advert for firefighters in it. Do you want the details? I can post them here.

moonshaddow Thu 25-May-06 19:20:42

yes please if you could post the info on here that would be fantastic.

batters Thu 25-May-06 20:07:07

Okay - it is a 1/4 page ad, so not too large.

"HE ALWAYS THOUGHT IT WAS A MAN'S JOB."

Many people are surprised that a woman could be a firefighter. Not strong enough? Not brave enough? Not true. Women have been doing the job in the London Fire Brigade for over 20 years. People have come from all kinds of careers, from beauty therapy to architecture, from personal fitness instruction to retail management. Why couldn't you do it too? Whether you're a man or a woman, if you're 18 or over and physically fit with a full UK manual driving licence, you could be earning £23,986 once you start your training. Call us now on 0870 609 4288 by 5pm on 2nd June 2006, quoting South London Press. We are particularly keen to encourage applications from women and those from black and other minority and ethnic groups who are currently under-represented within our firefighting workforce. (Section 38. 1/2 of the Race Relations Act 1976 and section 48.1 of the Sex Discrimination Act 1975 applies.)

"UNTIL HE THOUGHT HE WAS GOING TO DIE."

Hope that helps. Good luck if it is for you!

moonshaddow Thu 25-May-06 20:58:41

batters you are a star! thank you lots and lots!! Thank you plummymummy too. xxx

plummymummy Thu 25-May-06 21:17:00

You're welcome and good luck

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: