cod Thu 18-May-06 18:21:46

Message withdrawn

cod Thu 18-May-06 18:23:19

Message withdrawn

Twiglett Thu 18-May-06 18:26:53

they should throw the book at her

silly bint

Pixiefish Thu 18-May-06 18:27:38

Our council should also look at sorting their own waste before they start prosecuting imo. Council owned/run and staffed centres that i've used don't recyle.

not the council mentioned in this article btw but it's coming this way soon

Freckle Thu 18-May-06 18:27:44

I thought it was local authority getting all up themselves with their powers until I read that she had been warned several times. If she couldn't be *rsed to sort out her waste, she should just have stuck it all in the non-recycling bin instead of sticking it in the recycling one - I mean, how dense??

cod Thu 18-May-06 18:29:56

Message withdrawn

cod Thu 18-May-06 18:32:53

Message withdrawn

expatinscotland Thu 18-May-06 18:34:23

she probably had so much rubbish, she continued to use both bins despite being warned NOT to do that. her contaminating the recycling collection costs council taxpayers money.

she was warned. the hell w/her.

if peeps can't be arsed to follow the rules then they deserve the fines and grief they get.

too bad, so sad.

cod Thu 18-May-06 18:35:21

Message withdrawn

Californifrau Thu 18-May-06 18:39:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cod Thu 18-May-06 18:40:36

Message withdrawn

expatinscotland Thu 18-May-06 18:45:07

then fine her. she was warned in writing. several times.

there's a LOT of stuff i could claim i don't have time for - like paying council tax. that's sort of too f*cking bad, isn't it?

ComeOVeneer Thu 18-May-06 18:51:23

LOL about sneaking out to put the wine bottles in Cod. I do that to. Even when it is a glass jar or empty water bottle I worry they think I'm a lush.

ComeOVeneer Thu 18-May-06 18:53:39

Ours a super strict to and we are threatened with fines if we don't not that anyones has been yet. They actually sort through the recycling bin and leave behind any non recycling rubbish. We even have talks of putting some sort of sensor or something on our bins to monitor the amount of waste we generate (talk about a waste of money).

Freckle Thu 18-May-06 18:55:52

Sneaking out doesn't work here. They just lob the whole box into their lorry and you can tell the houses with the most glass waste from the decibels it produces. So, given that most of my glass waste is glass jars, soft drinks bottles (honest guv!), most of my neighbours probably think I have a serious drink problem.

Californifrau Thu 18-May-06 19:13:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheLadyVanishes Thu 18-May-06 19:20:41

Its not difficult though is it to separate rubbish, complete laziness if you ask me. I do think the fine is abit OTT but if thats how they want to get the message across to others then I suppose it will work

cod Thu 18-May-06 19:25:46

Message withdrawn

cod Thu 18-May-06 19:26:16

Message withdrawn

cod Thu 18-May-06 19:26:35

Message withdrawn

Freckle Thu 18-May-06 19:32:53

Can't recycle plastic round here since they did away with the plastic recycling point. Also, tins have to be stripped of their revealing label and washed, so I may like to put out borlotti bean tins, but most people think they are probably baked beans or cat food (which is probably nearer the mark anyway).

I do keep posh bottles back so they are near the top of the pile for collection days.

cod Thu 18-May-06 19:33:54

Message withdrawn

Freckle Thu 18-May-06 19:39:13

Problem here though is remembering to put the recycling stuff out as they only collect on alternate weeks. I don't (honest) get through enough glassware to put the box out every fortnight so I forget which week we are. Only remember when I hear the telltale sound of the evidence of drunken debauchery being tossed into the lorry - usually at 6.30am. So it's then a question of dashing out in all my bedtime glory (not a pretty sight) or waiting for another fortnight.

nutcracker Thu 18-May-06 19:46:24

I have asked for my council to provide me with a bag for my paper etc 4 times now as I haven't ever had one still haven't got it. Can i get them fined ?

joelalie Thu 18-May-06 19:50:37

No sympathy for her whatsoever. Too busy bringing up 3 kids? ...so what, aren't we all? I agree that it can be a pain and I really wish that our council would start a weekly collection (like they said they were going to about 6 months ago . My kitchen almost disappears under paper/glass/tins by the end of the second week. And they don't collect card or plastic which is irritating as I have to make a special trip to take that (if she doesn't have a car that would be a tricky one). But in the end it's not really such a big deal to sort it out is it? If we're going to wait for local government to sort its act out before we joined in nothing would ever get done !!

BTW another one with the last minute wine bottle laid gingerly on top of the box on Monday morning so as not to make a noise.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: