Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Artist who photographed nude young girls turns out to be paedophile

(7 Posts)
PostmanPatricia Sat 06-Apr-13 19:13:25

Yes, what a surprise.

www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/Mother-ignored-Graham-Ovenden-abuse-allegations/story-18399643-detail/story.html
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2304791/How-art-establishment-helped-paedophile-painter-Graham-Ovenden-away-20-years.html

He was defended by rich male art collectors, some of whom had substantial collections of his work.

mumblecrumble Sat 06-Apr-13 21:30:32

So horrible. So sorry for all those children who found their attacker and abuser defended by various institutions.

Also shitty for those who do find children beautiful and include them in their art etc.

Cannot figure out how he got away with it for so long, but well done to police etc for sticking with it and getting enough evidence to prove theier suspicions

CFSKate Sun 07-Apr-13 07:43:09

I have read here that
"Scotland Yard commander Peter Spindler overseeing Operations #Yewtree, #Fernbridge and #Fairbank quits Met"
don't know what impact it will have, for good or ill

VikingVagine Sun 07-Apr-13 08:35:33

So sad, especially as the photos really are beautiful, why are some people so fucked up?

ariadneoliver Sun 07-Apr-13 09:32:53

The Tate has temporarily withdrawn their display, not everyone is happy:
www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/apr/07/graham-ovenden-art

twofingerstoGideon Sun 07-Apr-13 12:45:52

Patricia, when you say 'what a surprise' are you suggesting that anyone who photographs nude children is invariably a paedophile?

I agree with mumblecrumble, by the way.

I am glad to see the victim's mother describe herself as a 'moral coward'. It beggars belief that her teenage daughter confided in her about the abuse and was ignored.

PostmanPatricia Sun 07-Apr-13 19:18:38

Not invariably, but it's probably safer to assume that they are.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now