Advanced search

beckham refuses salary at PSG and donates to Parisian kids charity

(25 Posts)
ajandjjmum Mon 04-Feb-13 19:42:34

I'm so glad that I don't look at everything in such a cynical way - must make for a sour life.

Seonag412 Mon 04-Feb-13 18:32:53

Sorry this is the first I have heard of him giving to charity and why is it such a big deal now .He is giving his wages to charity over in France due to tax and because Posh wants to get her label known in the France fashion industry.What better way than for her to get noticed by David giving to a French charity .IT's really just a PR stunt

swooosh Mon 04-Feb-13 00:13:58

They have always given to charity. They are also very generous to the local (to Beckingham Palace) hospital and deliver gifts and donate money every year.

JoanByers Mon 04-Feb-13 00:12:14

75% tax on the wages, but only 25% on the shirt sales apparently.

phonem260 Sun 03-Feb-13 22:28:07

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Electricblanket Sun 03-Feb-13 20:54:07

It's ok, he is going to make millions from shirt sales!

ideastree Fri 01-Feb-13 14:29:43

Please leave the fortunate man alone!

Trazzletoes Fri 01-Feb-13 13:43:35

Jeez, isn't it better to give to charity and shout about it than to not give to charity at all.

Of course it's a drop in the ocean compared to his advertising and promotional revenue, but who cares?! It's better than nothing! And I'm not that big of a fan of his normally.

Longdistance Fri 01-Feb-13 13:40:40

Yes, they have always given to charity.

But, I'm sure that's for possible tax purposes don't quote me, I'm no expert

TheInnerSea Fri 01-Feb-13 13:39:24

I think it's a great thing that he's doing, although obviously the family won't miss the money, that doesn't mean the charity won't benefit.

I suspect it does have something to do with tax and IMO to be truly evident of morality, it would have just been done - why the need for the press conference?

marssparklesdownonme Fri 01-Feb-13 13:35:03

Beckham can afford to give those wages to charity, as the publicity and advertising campaigns that he can be part of Europe wide will earn far more and cover everything he gives to charity.

germyrabbit Fri 01-Feb-13 09:50:14

his kids are going to private school, they're charities aren't they wink?

seriously someone will always find sometime to see the negatives of this but what a bloody fantastic bloke he is

DannyBlue Fri 01-Feb-13 08:38:56

he wants a knighthood.
are there no charitys over here that need money.

ajandjjmum Fri 01-Feb-13 08:35:52

But at least he is responding positively to his 'money warehouse being full', rather than starting to fill another warehouse, which many high earners would choose to do.

It's very easy to say what you'd do in that position, but I don't think any of us truly know until we're there. Still working on it! grin

TheFallenNinja Fri 01-Feb-13 06:54:03

I doubt it, Becks money warehouse is probably just full.

Becks thinks Morality is a goalkeeper in Cuba smile

ajandjjmum Fri 01-Feb-13 06:48:53

Why so cynical? He doesn't need the money, presumably the charity it will go to does, so good for him.

And credit where credit's due - he didn't have to do that - even with the 75% tax, the remaining 25% would still be more than the majority of us would earn in many years!

Isityouorme Fri 01-Feb-13 06:44:40

Is it a way of not paying the new 75% tax that as been introduced in France?

DreamsTurnToGoldDust Thu 31-Jan-13 18:18:27

Thats so lovely.

jellytotsarebadforyou Thu 31-Jan-13 18:08:09

that's nice

MikeLitoris Thu 31-Jan-13 18:08:02

Tbf I think the beckhams have always been pretty big charity givers.

HanneHolm Thu 31-Jan-13 18:05:54

At least Oliver, Jamie DOES something with his fame- whether people like his causes or not.

HanneHolm Thu 31-Jan-13 18:05:29

The next person who seems to be endlessly needing more money is his best mate Gordon Ramsay - will they EVER stop flogging themselves?

do they never think " do you know what?, I have enough"

youfhearted Thu 31-Jan-13 18:04:23

good for him

HanneHolm Thu 31-Jan-13 18:04:05

i can't see WHICH charity it is, mind

HanneHolm Thu 31-Jan-13 18:02:09

Is this the beginning of a new morality amongst the overpaid?

lets bleeding hope so.

Well done DB

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: