Talk

Advanced search

WARNING - extremely distressing content inv. child & zoo

(7 Posts)
StickEmWithThePointyEnd Mon 05-Nov-12 20:09:13

Sorry for linking and I know it's a dm link but I'm in tears reading this. I don't mean to upset anyone but thought I'd post incase anyone else has seen the story already and is also upset etc, I haven't even read the full story but just the headline is horrific enough. My heart goes out to that poor poor child and his parents.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2227757/Toddler-mauled-death-Pittsburgh-Zoo-African-wild-dogs-mother-dangles-railings.html

SchrodingersUndeadMew Mon 05-Nov-12 20:16:34

sad

My heart also goes out to the poor boy. His Mother was idiotic doing that though, he was 2, how could he possibly have "fallen" off? She would have to let go of him for that to happen. angry

Nancy66 Mon 05-Nov-12 20:57:07

he was sitting on an ELEVEN foot high railing....it's that high for a reason.

Stupid, stupid parents

gingangoolie Mon 05-Nov-12 21:01:06

why link to this sensationalist stuff sad

reddwarf Tue 06-Nov-12 08:17:18

I read this and felt sick too. AT least I hope it makes parents more cautious about sitting kids on these high railings rather than carry them - we have a gym in our local school with a spectators viewing balcony probably that height over the gym and every week I see parents letting their little ones sit on it and it makes me feel alarmed because they can so easily slip. It's a mad thing to do, but lots of people do it!

AgentProvocateur Tue 06-Nov-12 08:24:42

I read this yesterday and I am astonished at the stupidity of the parents.

SavoyCabbage Tue 06-Nov-12 08:25:40

I don't even like it when I see people carrying wriggly toddlers on escalators.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now