Talk

Advanced search

Proposed Changes to the CSA are ridiculous!!!

(2 Posts)
hana49 Fri 02-Nov-12 22:53:45

I have just been reading about the changes that the government are proposing to make with regards to how CSA will be dealing with its clients.
I currently use the CSA as does my partner (myself to receive and my partner to pay). We are literally living on the breadline, even though my partner works full time and we get child tax credits. We just about manage to pay our rent, pay bills and buy food each month!

Now, my ex was extremely violent and raped me while I was pregnant so who in their right mind would want to deal with someone like that?? Secondly, would it not seem that I was being punished for his behaviour by the CSA keeping the money that is supposed to support my child!?!

My partner's ex is a conniving devious so-and-so who has tried to make all sort of claims against my partner and refuses outright to allow him access to his own children! She uses the children as a weapon and yet my partner will be getting charged for HER using the CSA for HER payments!!!

Surely there is something that people in our position can do and I am sure that there are plenty more mothers and fathers especially that are in the same position... surely something can be done!?!?!?!?!?!

OptimisticPessimist Sat 03-Nov-12 00:20:41

That isn't exactly what they're proposing: your partner will not pay anything extra if he makes all his scheduled payments. They are making it compulsory to use direct pay (so the CSA do the calculation and the NRP pays directly to the PWC) and will only instigate collections (where there will be charges) when the NRP has failed to pay. In your scenario you will have to pay £20 initial fee, and for this the CSA will re-calculate the payments your ex will pay. Again, the first step will be direct pay and only if your ex fails to pay will it move to collections - where you will have a 7% charge and your ex 20%.

I'm not in favour of most of the reforms either but I hope that's helped a little - your partner will not have to pay any charges.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now