Talk

Advanced search

Helen Goodman misunderstanding the internet (again)

(3 Posts)
Acekicker Fri 26-Oct-12 09:23:13

won't someone think of the children purlease....

What is it with her (and Ed Vaizey you are no better either). She was on MN a couple of years ago with some simpering twaddle about how all the 'men' in the advertising world didn't understand what us poor technophobic mummies needed. She never came back to the thread from what I remember after it was pointed out we didn't need patronising or legislation, instead parents needed education and access to tools to keep their children safe.

Now she's at it again reckoning that fake identities should be discouraged online. If she's such an expert on all things internet, then presumably she'll spot this post - Ms Goodman, if you are here please read this and understand that whilst cyberbullying etc are not good things, anonymity on the internet is in fact a very good thing on balance.

Grumpla Fri 26-Oct-12 09:27:55

Numpties.

Acekicker Fri 26-Oct-12 10:36:21

grin

Interestingly, I hadn't looked at the second article I posted in detail for a while and I just checked the reference for the very first point they make:

female chat names GET 25 TIMES MORE ABUSE

But of course what's scientific research in the face of Daily-Mail-Soundbite-Inspiring personal opinions?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now