Talk

Advanced search

Donald Trump, President Obama and an Indecent Proposal

(21 Posts)
MmeLindor Wed 24-Oct-12 17:28:27

Trump's big announcement was revealed today, after he'd spent days telling everyone how explosive it would be.

Ahem.

So what do you think? Should Obama take the money and run?

Themumsnot Wed 24-Oct-12 17:33:20

Nothing he puts in the public domain will be 'enough' to satisfy these nutters.

MmeLindor Wed 24-Oct-12 17:39:53

He is truly a nutcase.

Pascha Wed 24-Oct-12 17:45:24

Wierdo hmm

cocolepew Wed 24-Oct-12 17:51:41

Idiot.

MmeLindor Wed 24-Oct-12 18:01:15

This is brilliant

Don't think I have seen the whole of this speech. No wonder Trump is bent on revenge.

LadyEvilBeagle Wed 24-Oct-12 18:34:10

Unfuckingbelievable.
I was ambivilant sp about the Aberdeenshire golf course, I saw both sides.
But now I see that I see he's a total nutter, all I can say is, Alex Salmond, please, please keep him away from our shores.

LadyEvilBeagle Wed 24-Oct-12 18:53:13

Unfuckingbelievable.
I was ambivilant sp about the Aberdeenshire golf course, I saw both sides.
But now I see that I see he's a total nutter, all I can say is, Alex Salmond, please, please keep him away from our shores.
Oh and MmeLindor that link was brilliant, don't you just love him.

Pascha Wed 24-Oct-12 18:55:01

I will look at obama's speech while dinner is cooking later.

thestringcheesemassacre Wed 24-Oct-12 18:59:14

I love the link.
Trump is an idiot. Massive idiot.

RinderThrillerNight Wed 24-Oct-12 19:01:31

The cheque will probably bounce anyway.

Why does the man shout his words? Ugh.

MmeLindor Wed 24-Oct-12 19:08:15

LadyEvil
I was similarly ambivalent, about the golf course, until I watched the programme and saw that it was not just a course, but a huge resort, and it is to be built in an area of stunning beauty and irreplaceable scientific interest.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Wed 24-Oct-12 19:11:32

Looks like the rest of the resort won't happen now he's got the hump about the windfarm grin

MmeLindor Thu 25-Oct-12 09:45:16

Which is great, but such a shame that this stupid useless golf course has been plonked on the middle of an irreplaceable area of scientific interest, and of course great beauty.

LadyEvilBeagle Thu 25-Oct-12 09:55:31

The only thing the proposal has going for it is the jobs it will provide.
Employment opportunities are few and far between in The Highlands, I imagine there's a lot of local people who back the plan.
I live in an area of outstanding beauty in the NW Highlands and I would definitely see both sides of the argument.

PerryCombover Thu 25-Oct-12 19:49:19

Look at this
Rude but what Trump needs more of..

AnyaKnowIt Thu 25-Oct-12 20:52:05

I thought Obama was very funny when he went on a chat show and explained to the host that the troubles between Trump and himself started when they were at school together in Kenya grin

MmeLindor Thu 25-Oct-12 21:09:27

LadyE
I wonder how many locals would have found work there really. From what I've seen of the tourism industry in Scotland, it is mainly non scots working in hotels and cafes.

MmeLindor Thu 25-Oct-12 21:10:16

<boak> Perry but also grin

LadyEvilBeagle Thu 25-Oct-12 21:36:12

Actually MMeLindor you're spot on there. Our local very posh Hotel is mainly staffed by Aussies and Polish. They're all lovely BTW, this is not an anti foreigner post by any means. I know of 5 locals that I can think of that work there.
As for Obama v Romney, who in their right mind would vote for Romney?
I can't believe the polls are so close.
If Romney wins I'll go in the same state of depression when John Major won another Tory term.
Your link to Obama just proves how wonderful he is.

MmeLindor Thu 25-Oct-12 22:03:03

No, I know exactly what you mean. I don't know why there are so few Brits in the hotel trade. I do know that my uncle (who owned a hotel for a while) said that getting and keeping good staff was really difficult. There is a huge fluctuation of staff - at that time it was mainly Aussies and Kiwis on GAP year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now