Talk

Advanced search

Andrew Mitchell has gone

(22 Posts)
JustFabulous Fri 19-Oct-12 18:24:34

About time too.

OneHandFlapping Fri 19-Oct-12 18:27:31

Well I hope we now see every one resign from their jobs for calling other people plebs/twats and wankers. We can't have one rule for Tory MPs and another rule for the rest of us can we?

The work force will be decimated!

weegiemum Fri 19-Oct-12 18:27:52

Absolutely! It's ridiculous it's taken so long!!

SauvignonBlanche Fri 19-Oct-12 18:28:50

About bloody time!

MoreBeta Fri 19-Oct-12 18:32:08

Also George Osborne just got challenged by the guard on a train where he was in First Class with a Standard Class ticket.

ravenAK Fri 19-Oct-12 18:32:47

One down...

SecretNutellaFix Fri 19-Oct-12 18:40:14

I understand he apologised. However he was then trying to make out that 2 police officers plus witnesses were lying because it didn't agree with his version of events. That is why he has gone, rather than insulting a police officer.

He has behaved like a total twat. Glad he has gone.

helpyourself Fri 19-Oct-12 18:43:01

Fantastic! Not just that he's gone, but that he dithered for long enough to show just exactly how arrogant and ineffectual they are.

JustFabulous Fri 19-Oct-12 18:43:20

Absolutely.

It was bad enough that he said those things, it was fact he carried on in the I am better than you vain by implying the police were lying that made it so he had to go.

OHF - working for the Government is completely different to working in general public typs jobs so your point doesn't really stand.

JustFabulous Fri 19-Oct-12 18:44:49

Posted too soon.

What I meant was it is completely different speaking to police like that when you are a Governement employee, though any of the general public should be bollocked if they spoke to the police like that too but calling a colleague a fucking pleb is completely different than calling an officer one.

Mankychester Fri 19-Oct-12 18:48:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

chipstick10 Fri 19-Oct-12 22:16:11

Its alright to punch a civilian in the face. He apologised. Apology accepted and then someone leaked it to the sun. Job done.

Viperidae Fri 19-Oct-12 23:27:01

I found the comment that the policeman should "know his place" even more offensive than the word pleb. Just reinforces the fact the tories think they are superior to the rest of us.

SkippyYourFriendEverTrue Fri 19-Oct-12 23:39:52

Pretty absurd tbh.

chipstick10 Fri 19-Oct-12 23:44:31

Its alright to keep refering to someone as a toff all the time, or scum. He said he didnt say pleb and in this instance i beleive an mp. Do i believe the police? not so much.

ttosca Sat 20-Oct-12 18:58:46

Why didn't the policeman arrest him on the spot? That's what I want to know. Anybody else would have been arrested.

oldbootface Sat 20-Oct-12 21:15:03

Has Mitchell said what he actually said to the Police Officer?

poozlepants Sat 20-Oct-12 21:33:39

This has pleased me greatly- not because he's a Tory arse but because he refused to take ownership of his actions. He behaved like an idiot and if he had owned up apologised profusely publically and privately it would all have been over weeks ago. But he didn't, he said he didn't do it and then he said he did but didn't call them plebs or morons and but he admitted swearing and then he said in the House of Commons he didn't swear. The police federation went for blood because he continued to hold the line that in essence accused the police officers of lying. Members of the public at the gate heard apparently so IMO it seems unlikely the police officers would lie.
Did he really think if he just kept saying "It wasn't me. I didn't do it" and brazening it out that everyone would think oh alright then. Arrogant idiot.

chipstick10 Sat 20-Oct-12 22:49:59

I beleive he swore i dont believe he said the P word. If fred from a saff london council estate had said pleb noone would give a shit, its because hes a Tory. And as for believing the police wouldnt lie..... or the Sun newspaper. The Sun is trying all it can to ingratiate itself with the boys in blue after Hillsborough imo.

ExitPursuedByAaaaaarGhoul Sat 20-Oct-12 22:51:30

Ah, the power of the press.

GranToAirMissiles Sat 20-Oct-12 23:00:43

Agree with Viperidea, the comment that the police 'should know their place' is much more offensive than calling them 'plebs'.

OneHandFlapping Sun 21-Oct-12 13:32:09

How about Linda Riorden renting out her London home to one MP, while she claims expenses for renting ANOTHER home in London for herself?

How is that not morally wrong?

Or are Tories to be held to entirely different standards to Labour?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now