Talk

Advanced search

Gang rape trial in France- shocking verdict

(8 Posts)
anonacfr Fri 12-Oct-12 13:10:24

This is absolutely disgusting. Three 'men' convicted of repeated gang rape get three years suspended sentence and the fourth one year in jail?????
I hope this gets appealed and reviewed.

www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/oct/11/gang-rape-trial-france?INTCMP=SRCH

EdithWeston Fri 12-Oct-12 13:21:57

The convicted perpetrators were minors at the time of the offences (according to the earlier Guardian report), so not "men", and I suppose that may account at least in part for the sentencing decisions.

Very shocking cases, though, and a horrifying light on the problems in certain districts in France; something that rarely hits the headlines in France, let alone abroad.

AlfalfaMum Fri 12-Oct-12 22:34:26

Holy shit those poor girls.

Awful that their attackers got off so lightly, when the victims will probably never recover. That one of them has gained 11 stone as a protective shell, and the other tried to kill herself during the trial sad

anonacfr Fri 12-Oct-12 22:53:49

I know. It took them a decade to summon up the courage to tell their story and try to get justice, and this is the result. sad

CiderwithBuda Fri 12-Oct-12 23:07:07

Horrible.

I once met a guy on a flight back to Europe from Asia who was going to Paris for a court case. He had gone into an underground car park in Paris one night and came across a girl being gang raped. He tried to help her and was viciously beaten and left for dead.

It turned out the girl was the girlfriend of a guy in a rival gang who had done something that this gang were annoyed about. So they grabbed the girl and raped her. And even though the guy I met tried to help her and got beaten for his trouble and almost killed, she refused to identify the guys involved.

Have often wondered what happened in the end.

ScarahScreams Fri 12-Oct-12 23:10:57

Oh my God those girls suffered sad

This world makes me so sick

catwomanlikesmeatballs Sat 13-Oct-12 00:10:33

Sickening, I don't care how old these worthless scumbags were when they did this, at a minimum they should face 50 years. The best way to deal with vermin like this is public hanging in their own communities and leave the bodies to rot. This is a gang problem. Destroy them and everyone else will finally be safe. Unfortunately, where the 'love the criminal, feel their pain, let them away with it' mentality will prevent justice being done.

Their parents should also be severly punished for raising violent gang rapists as a warning to all other terrible parents who fail to teach their children basic morality and decency. Evil is rarely born, it is nearly always raised very badly.

There is no politically correct, cuddly way to deal with the power these gangs have in certain areas. It is reprehensible to leave those unfortunate enough to live in these infested shitholes at the mercy of these gangs.

InSPsFanjoNoOneHearsYouScream Sat 13-Oct-12 00:15:46

You get a longer sentance for jokes on the internet.

You get fines for pissing in the street.

Gang rape someone and you skip away

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now