Talk

Advanced search

Fox has resigned

(13 Posts)
Ponders Fri 14-Oct-11 16:31:56

The divine Eddie just announced it

about bloody time

poppyknot Fri 14-Oct-11 16:43:50

Too late for HIGNFY and the News Quiz but the jokes will still keep coming........

Ponders Fri 14-Oct-11 16:51:07

oh, I never thought about the News Quiz, they record that on a Thurs don't they? Do you suppose he timed it deliberately? wink

breadandbutterfly Fri 14-Oct-11 16:52:10

What an arse.

One down. It's Letwin's turn now.

CaptainMartinCrieff Fri 14-Oct-11 16:52:13

Took him long enough... angry

thestringcheesemassacre Fri 14-Oct-11 16:53:32

He had no alternative.
What was he thinking?

Pancakeflipper Fri 14-Oct-11 16:56:50

He had to - the media had decided he had to go and were going to bang on and on until he went.
Silly man.

poppyknot Fri 14-Oct-11 16:59:25

Letwin behaviour just Strange. Maybe he thought he was in his own back garden but even that would be odd. Enacting an episode of Spooks perhaps?

Ponders Fri 14-Oct-11 17:10:08

Letwin would dictate answers to letters & wanted to reduce the amount he had to carry around - how about just doing your job in your office with your shredder, you silly man?

GeorgeEliot Fri 14-Oct-11 17:30:38

Not to mention the failure to recycle the paper ...

Misspixietrix Fri 14-Oct-11 19:04:01

He couldn't do any other really, just shows how much audacity they have to do so, letwin's a perfect example, shock it weren't a recycling bin he was disposing documents into wink x

Ryoko Thu 20-Oct-11 00:20:49

Bet you all five quid he'll weasel his way back into a high position within 2 years, you can never get rid of politicians they are like roaches, you think you have gotten rid of them but then they are back again when you least expect it.

thats why he resigned, he got told to go before he got pushed, by resigning instead of getting sacked he's left the door open for a return.

Indaba Mon 24-Oct-11 21:53:12

Live overseas so got a sniff of issue....am I right in thinking he had mate, paid for by govt on govt trips, lobbying for private business?

blimey, when I worked in corporate I was s**t scared re charging for an apple I shouldn't have...

what is it with these politicians?

or have I got the story wrong?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now