loader

Talk

Advanced search

Steve jobs has died.

(8 Posts)
madhattershouse Thu 06-Oct-11 01:09:10

Breaking news here

CliffBarnsby Thu 06-Oct-11 01:14:56

I was just coming to post this. Sad- he wasn't very old and had four children, too.

meditrina Thu 06-Oct-11 06:07:55

The chat thread is attracting many more comments (pity, as it'll be extinguished in 90 days).

Here's the BBC obit.

joshandjamie Thu 06-Oct-11 07:09:33

what a loss. He contributed a lot in his 56 short years

RantyMcRantpants Thu 06-Oct-11 08:05:39

Have just heard. I guess that is why he did what he did.

What a great loss.

Grundian article

RattusRattus Thu 06-Oct-11 09:25:24

A man truly ahead of his time. RIP.

NetworkGuy Thu 06-Oct-11 09:54:28

He will be missed, but lets not forget the other Steve who helped 'make' Apple.

I'm not a massive fan of Steve Jobs (esp his wish to straightjacket users) though do have some (older) Apple kit, but have not bought into the iPod / iPhone / iPad product ranges, and probably never will.

I have seen the rise and for a while, fall, of Apple, since the days when I was able to test out the Apple II (Apple ][ as it was on the case, I think) back in the early 80s and the Mac Classic (shoebox size, mono screen) in the later 80s, so have not had my eyes closed to what Apple has been doing over the past 25-30 years.

Bugsy2 Thu 06-Oct-11 15:14:37

Speech that he made at Stanford in June 2005 about death:

"And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life’s change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new. Right now the new is you, but someday not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away. Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is quite true.

Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary. "

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now