Talk

Advanced search

Why is there a story about a kitten on the news?

(19 Posts)
Fiderer Fri 30-Sep-11 17:20:51

We're not in Fireman Sam Land. Story on BBC News complete with CCTV footage of some woman "stealing" a kitten from her ex.
First time I've written this: WTAF? Obviously rotten time for all involved but how is this international news?

CogitoErgoSometimes Fri 30-Sep-11 17:22:00

It's a bit of yer scandal innit?.... MP's Ex In Kitten Theft Love Triangle Shock etc. Oh how I miss the NOTW.

Hassled Fri 30-Sep-11 17:23:12

It was news to me too (ha!). Mad John Hemmings MP's wife nicked a kitten, although she can't remember doing it. No one knows what became of said kitten, but she's being done for kitty-theft rather than kitty-murder.

Fiderer Fri 30-Sep-11 17:28:52

Cogito, yes, I see that. Just surprised as it's an international news channel for many, such as expats like me and the BBC in this regard usually stands for All That Is Important and they're increasingly reporting drivel like this.
Don't get me started on their reporting of the Jackson trial.
<must PM Thumbwitch for expat alternatives>

usualsuspect Fri 30-Sep-11 17:30:44

But kittens are cute

CogitoErgoSometimes Fri 30-Sep-11 17:34:24

I think it constitutes 'light relief'. I mean, there's only so many times you can hear the EU heads of state droning on or, gawdelpus, look at more traders with their heads in their hands. We're due a 'big death' soon... the newspaper special pull-out edition chaps will like that.

msrisotto Fri 30-Sep-11 17:36:10

I'm always surprised that football results and transfers are in the 'news' too, takes all sorts i guess.

EdithWeston Fri 30-Sep-11 17:36:50

This thread's been running about it for a few days. One started in AIBU earlier today too.

Fiderer Fri 30-Sep-11 17:38:15

Today: Euro crisis, bail-out, Syria, Al-Qaeda, Libya. And a kitten.

Oh I would love the weekend papers, fat real papers which leave your hands smeary with ink. Loads of supplements, a pub perhaps... drifts off into expat reverie.

Ahem, still, a kitten as headline news? Mind you, now they're onto how/when/what with rubbish in bins. TV is off.

<getting more gimmery each day>

ForYourDreamsAreChina Fri 30-Sep-11 17:39:15

Because it's about an infamous famous MNer innit?

Fiderer Fri 30-Sep-11 18:48:03

Who she then? Cryptic answers on a postcard to my PM mailbox, please. Bad enough being in exile and having no newspapers and and and <plays sympathy card>
<wonders if euro/pound exchange rate means payment for information a possibility>

Groovee Sat 01-Oct-11 11:46:37

Because he's an MP who's in a love triangle?

ForYourDreamsAreChina Sat 01-Oct-11 11:49:57

No,no no,he's the MNer Fiderer, not the kittenapper. (kittennapper? kittenophile?)

Surprised he's not popped up yet. Perhaps wondering the streets with a bowl of iams.

Fiderer Sat 01-Oct-11 11:58:08

He is the MNer? Curiouser and curioser. Have seen the other threads now, had searched only in this topic.
Arf at wandering the streets with Iams. "I am an MN Cat"

EdithWeston Sat 01-Oct-11 12:00:55

He did post on the thread I linked above - pre verdict, and not very interesting though.

lec0rnsillk Sat 01-Oct-11 12:01:36

It's at times like this we need fabio.

LeBOF Sat 01-Oct-11 12:03:01

They were both MNers. Him and the OW. All posts from her deleted now though, understandably. I remember the night the kitten went missing- there was an appeal her to find it.

Fiderer Sat 01-Oct-11 14:01:33

As I said, obviously a shite time for all concerned.

Is all a bit "Scooby Doo" now though, isn't it? Where is Fabio?

hester Sun 02-Oct-11 22:49:24

He's ALWAYS on MN. He hangs about on the adoption threads, jibing at and insulting adoptive parents. We just love him hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now