Talk

Advanced search

Force feeding a baby to death

(15 Posts)
MrsDistinctlyMintyMonetarism Fri 23-Sep-11 00:35:21

Terrible story here that a mother who was a nurse made her child eat by pouring food into her mouth with a jug.

Surely that can't be right. Surely there must be a mistake, how on earth could any one do something like that?

CogitoErgoSometimes Fri 23-Sep-11 06:21:35

Some people are just incredibly cruel. They suspect the other children in the family had been given similar treatment. I wonder if she approached nursing in the same way?

Callisto Fri 23-Sep-11 08:08:19

I heard this on R4 last night - I couldn't believe that the mother is a nurse. I found the whole thing incredibly disturbing, what an appalling thing to do to a child (or anyone for that matter).

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Fri 23-Sep-11 09:52:07

That is awful. Poor poor baby.
Not all nurses are kind and compassionate. I speak from the being a nurse and seeing how nurses are position.

MrsBlarney Fri 23-Sep-11 09:55:35

Oh Jesus this is unthinkable. it's torture.

Of course I don't hope they do it to her in prison but the thought crossed my mind, the woman must be very very unwell in her mind to have done this

yawningbear Fri 23-Sep-11 10:02:03

It really is unthinkable isn't it. This has really horrified me and I am not usually that easily shocked. Would agree with MrsBlarney that one or both of the parents must be very unwell.

bibbitybobbityhat Fri 23-Sep-11 10:05:00

I wish you could not have used such graphic wording in your thread title.

MrsDistinctlyMintyMonetarism Fri 23-Sep-11 10:10:25

Sorry bibbity, was just using the same words as the bbc report I linked to.

Poor little thing and siblings. sad

MrsBlarney Fri 23-Sep-11 10:11:28

I imagine the siblings have been taken away, well I should hope so.

ScarlettIsWalking Fri 23-Sep-11 12:48:24

Good God sad

verylittlecarrot Fri 23-Sep-11 12:53:51

I can't bear to think of this. That poor baby forcibly choked by her own mother. sad Inconceivable.

Sidge Fri 23-Sep-11 12:58:47

It's very sad.

But I have come across it before. A mum was pouring milk down her baby's throat because she thought she wasn't eating enough and wasn't fat enough. Luckily the baby wasn't acutely unwell but came to our attention as the mum brought her in due to vomiting. sad

Sevenfold Fri 23-Sep-11 13:00:31

how sad

mollschambers Fri 23-Sep-11 13:02:28

I find it really bizarre that any parent (or any sane adult actually) could think this was ok??

And a nurse at that.

Hideously cruel and unnecessary death.

SardineQueen Fri 23-Sep-11 13:23:19

I don't think they thought it was OK.

One person being mentally ill but two, and in the same way?

Basic standard child cruelty, nothing more, nothing less. Bastards.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now