Talk

Advanced search

Man admits to online stalking campaign against his own girlfriend

(8 Posts)
EightiesChick Wed 21-Sep-11 09:40:08

Almost beyond belief to see what some men will do. Very worrying too. The report is here.

jasper Wed 21-Sep-11 10:30:32

yes, unbelievable. What a disturbing story.

Lets not forget women are also capable of creepy twisted behaviour

JLK2 Wed 21-Sep-11 11:24:48

Women are just as bad. I remember a woman who pretended to be someone else, contacted her husband online, was corresponding with him for months and then arranged to meet him, then dumped him for it.

nulgirl Wed 21-Sep-11 11:27:28

It seems unbelievable that it went on for so long. He could see the impact that it was having on her life but continued for years. He is obviously a very sick individual. Did he give any justification/ reason for his behaviour?

LoremIpsum Wed 21-Sep-11 11:31:31

Yeah, JL2K, that's just as bad as sending naked photos out, convincing her her movements are being watched, pretending to be her to proposition people and sending them her address, pointing the blame elsewhere leading to an innocent friend was arrested and keeping the campaign going for three years until she was afraid to leave the house.

CogitoErgoSometimes Wed 21-Sep-11 11:56:50

It's a bizarre story. What do we think was his motivation? Keeping her nicely cowed and needy? Casting himself as her protector?

EightiesChick Wed 21-Sep-11 12:04:24

I would guess at both of those Cogito. Nothing in the article I read attempts to explain it. The DM may give it a go hmm

Lorem yes, it's hardly the same... this woman believed she was in physical danger, and in fact could have been had something bad happened as a result of strangers being 'invited' to show up at her house.

EightiesChick Wed 21-Sep-11 12:07:58

Ah yes, the Daily Mail version. They make no bones about saying he was jealous of her life at university without him. Controlling, possessive etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now