Talk

Advanced search

<waves arms in panic> ALLEGEDLY OSBOURNE IS A RAVING COKE HEAD allegedly

(37 Posts)
Tortington Mon 12-Sep-11 15:19:35

ALLEGEDly www.newstatesman.com/blogs/the-staggers/2011/09/took-cocaine-osborne-rowe

Voidka Mon 12-Sep-11 15:34:41

'Former' friend is the key word I think.

ChillyCooper Mon 12-Sep-11 15:36:31

Toryboy does gak 'shocker'

Tyr Mon 12-Sep-11 15:49:54

I'm not sure I have a problem with politicians doing drugs in their spare time. I do have a problem with the increasingly draconian laws they have passed against others who choose to do so.
Aside from the glaring hypocrisy, we have another upper class twit who shovels the odd line of coke up his blue nose. No real shock there.

JarethTheGoblinKing Mon 12-Sep-11 15:51:20

grin

allhailtheaubergine Mon 12-Sep-11 15:51:58

George or Sharon?

KittyWalker Mon 12-Sep-11 15:52:59

Thought you meant Ozzie or Sharon!

EggyAllenPoe Mon 12-Sep-11 15:53:01

agree with tyr though also Custy - there really isn't much evidence on this one is there? and 'raving coke head' is hardly the description presented.

pinkytheshrinky Mon 12-Sep-11 15:54:31

Oh for fucks sake I hate Gideon - at least this makes him seem a little more interesting

Hassled Mon 12-Sep-11 15:55:18

I like the comment someone's posted : "I guess it would take quite a lot of drugs for his economic plans to appear to make sense." grin

I'd imagine GO probably isn't unusual amongst people of his background/age to have dabbled. I'm not gobsmacked by the news and much as I dislike the man, the fact that he once used cocaine shouldn't be a huge story.

The picture referenced is here. I can't see anything drug-like in it myself.

LeBOF Mon 12-Sep-11 15:57:02

I think if I were working for William Hague, I'd be on the coke too. Loads of it.

EggyAllenPoe Mon 12-Sep-11 16:02:31

coke is so common amongst the general population (i believe some 20% of 18 year olds will have taken it once, or thereabouts) in another twenty years it will probably be difficult to hire politicians that have never taken Class As.

BellaneyMimphus Mon 12-Sep-11 16:03:57

Surely the bigger story is hanging out with prostitutes and that his safe word is 'Louise'?! grin

LeonardNimoy Mon 12-Sep-11 16:10:06

Taking it recreationally several years ago does not make someone a raving coke head. I used to take it regularly but would resent being called a raving cokehead - even at the time I used to partake.

Seriously? Who cares? Won't be the first, won't be the last. He's going to carry on fucking the country whether he's snorting the stuff or not.

AurraSing Mon 12-Sep-11 16:12:21

It doesn't surprise me, he looks the sort.

Ponders Mon 12-Sep-11 16:19:12

it was in the DM 6 years ago... are there new allegations? new evidence?

'Last night the 34-year-old MP, who is leadership hopeful David Cameron's campaign manager, admitted knowing the vice girl but flatly denied that a white powder visible in front of them was cocaine. Mr Osborne insisted he was the victim of a smear campaign aimed at discrediting Mr Cameron's leadership bid.'

They'd been baking & were about to ice a cake, obv wink

thestringcheeseincident Mon 12-Sep-11 16:21:07

It would surprise me more had he not done it. I used to work with a trader who was at Eton with him and DC and he said they used to have the wildest parties.

thestringcheeseincident Mon 12-Sep-11 16:21:58

Sorry meant Oxford (although my mate did go to Eton too)

BellaneyMimphus Mon 12-Sep-11 16:27:26

They will weather the storm but fgs let's have some FUN slagging them off hmm

BodyUnknown Mon 12-Sep-11 16:33:45

This is about as shocking as Kate Moss 'outed' as a coke user.

I'm pretty sure more people than not have had a dabble.

It was ages ago anyway and has no relevance at all to his competence or lack of it.

ChillyCooper Mon 12-Sep-11 16:36:45

Fuck, he's only 34? That actually is shocking

ChillyCooper Mon 12-Sep-11 16:37:52

Oh, 6 years ago he was 34. Still..

Tortington Mon 12-Sep-11 18:04:52

its still shocking ....allegedly

Allegedly shocking? Or you're just not sure grin I firmly believe he's a Grade A Tosser regardless of what he snorts...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now