Talk

Advanced search

Motorist driving up Snowdon.

(9 Posts)
Pixel Tue 06-Sep-11 23:36:15

here This man drove up Snowdon as part of a list of things to do before he dies and apparently didn't realise it was illegal until a train driver told him on the way down. He's now camping there while he works out how to get the car down.

Ok, he's been a bit of a twit but am I missing something? If he's already facing court proceedings what difference does it make if he just gets in it and drives it down? He's already in trouble for it so surely whether he has been 'refused permission' to drive it down is neither here nor there?

VivaLeBeaver Tue 06-Sep-11 23:41:29

He'd have been better off just carrying on driving down and facing the music at the bottom.

VivaLeBeaver Tue 06-Sep-11 23:42:16

If they take it off either by Train or chopper he's going to get a significant bill.

MaryMotherOfCheeses Tue 06-Sep-11 23:48:59

The most sensible thing would be to let him drive down but they'll have to stop the walkers as its a busy route and that's a pita for all concerned.

Idiot.

He's 39 and lives at home in his parents' conservatory.

Pixel Tue 06-Sep-11 23:50:58

Well that's it, plus they are even talking about breaking it up. I would drive it down thereby keeping the car and avoiding removal fees. Then he's only got the fine to pay (if that's what the punishment is).

Pixel Tue 06-Sep-11 23:51:59

He drove it up at dawn so presumably no walkers. Can he not drive it down at dawn too?

VivaLeBeaver Tue 06-Sep-11 23:56:51

Well the first thing on his things to do before I die list should have been to get his own place.

I biked up snowdon once and even for that the rules are strict. You've got to be up and down by 7:00am

VivaLeBeaver Tue 06-Sep-11 23:57:33

Though I have to say I'm very impressed by his off roading skills.

mycatsaysach Tue 06-Sep-11 23:58:30

lightweight.

i walked up aged about 10.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now