loader

Talk

Advanced search

And today's you couldn't make it up...

(15 Posts)
Themumsnot Tue 06-Sep-11 15:59:50

comes to you courtesy of the stupidest tourist ever to visit a fishing village

carocaro Tue 06-Sep-11 16:43:16

What a div. People are too obsessed with clinical plastic disney crud. My eldest DS complaining in the Summer hols that all his friends had gone to Disney Florida, which was so not true. We went to Alnwick Castle, the real bloody thing and I told him so when we were there, he did laugh!

I once got off a boat outside the 02 arena and a Japenese lady in front of my, asked the boat guy where the 02 areana was, he just turned and looked at it, massive in front of his eyes.

AMumInScotland Tue 06-Sep-11 16:56:25

I love the "These people should be a bit more considerate to the holidaymakers." bit - yes of course, people who are attempting to make a living in the countryside ought to consider the sensibilities of the visitors hmm. It's like moving to the countryside and then whinging that there are tractors on the road, and a bad smell when they are spreading slurry....

Itsjustafleshwound Tue 06-Sep-11 17:01:54

I still think the 'classic' is the US tourist asked the guide why the Queen built Windsor castle so close to Heathrow!!

Pixel Tue 06-Sep-11 20:15:48

" We went to Alnwick Castle, the real bloody thing and I told him so when we were there, he did laugh!"

We went to Warwick Castle this year, (we last went 11 years ago) and found the whole experience changed and not for the better IMO. I wanted my children to absorb the history of the castle and they got BBC's Merlin with special effects.hmm

TheMagnificentBathykolpian Tue 06-Sep-11 20:21:35

I was just going to start this very thread grin what a bloody fool that man is.

eaglewings Tue 06-Sep-11 20:27:42

Just what the doctor ordered, a story to make me smile! Thanks for posting the link

SardineQueen Tue 06-Sep-11 20:36:37

Oh that is BRILLIANT grin

Where was the bloke from though? It doesn't say...

WilsonFrickett Tue 06-Sep-11 20:39:48

I loved this story. Particularly the quote about dead fish 'You don't expect to see dead fish in a harbour' or something (too tired to recheck the link). Genius grin

SecretNutellaFix Tue 06-Sep-11 20:51:28

<smacks head against brick wall>

Some people.

MyGoldfishIsEvil Tue 06-Sep-11 20:55:47

Children were upset ha ha - Mine would have been craning their necks for a closer look.

PigeonPie Tue 06-Sep-11 20:57:07

We were in Newlyn last week and were walking round the harbour with my SIL (the wife of a fisherman) and heard a couple of tourists complaining of the fishy smell. The funny thing is, as the Fish Festival was just about to take place, it was actually clean and bleached to within an inch of it's life and I'd just said to DH that it's a lot cleaner than usual! These people should have been there when they're working!

I nearly said something to these people, but DH is always worried it'll be him that's hit!

TheHareWhoLostHisSpectacles Tue 06-Sep-11 20:59:07

There is a kipper museum on Conwy Harbour .... awesome!!!!
.....A whole museum
.....Dedicated to Kippers

grin

WilsonFrickett Wed 07-Sep-11 10:58:18

TheHare that's our next holiday sorted then grin

Debs75 Wed 07-Sep-11 11:02:57

That reminds me of a young mum telling a farmer at a children's farm that she would report him for animal cruelty for

milking his cows

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now