Talk

Advanced search

Intelligence head - links with BP?

(2 Posts)
create Tue 06-Sep-11 11:45:57

I was half watching someting on TV last night that seemed to suggest that a recent head of UK intelligence working with Gaddafi in Libya has since taken a senior job with BP and has capitalised on his position to win contracts.

I can't find anything on-line to give the proper details. Did anyone else see it? I'm shocked, but DH says that I'm naive and that the "ruling classes" have always made money out of thier position/connections which I guess is true, but this was intelligence, which seems different to me.

What do you think?

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 06-Sep-11 12:36:50

I think there would have to be a lot more details to judge. However, if a very large oil company is looking for a high-level recruit with an intimate knowledge of the Middle East and a strong network of influential contacts in the region, there won't be too many candidates that fit the bill. Working for British Intelligence just makes someone a glorified civil servant.... they're allowed to use their experience to make a living afterwards.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now