Talk

Advanced search

RIP Flight Lieutenant Jon Egging

(22 Posts)
chicaguapa Sat 20-Aug-11 19:30:22

sad

Such sad news today from Bournemouth. I bloody love the Red Arrows and am gutted that one of them has died. Such a talented pilot. My thoughts go out to his family, friends and colleagues.

sad

tjacksonpfc Sat 20-Aug-11 19:38:39

sad

Very sad news indeed I watched them fly over our house this morning. thoughts are with the whole crew and his friends and family.

hocuspontas Sat 20-Aug-11 19:43:28

Oh no. I heard the news about the crash but they didn't know at the time if he had survived or not. How sad sad

VivaLeBeaver Sat 20-Aug-11 19:45:16

It's really sad. The red arrows are based a few miles from home and practice over the village all the time.

Meglet Sat 20-Aug-11 19:45:52

sad. Such a tragedy.

I love them more than a grown woman should.

sleepevader Sat 20-Aug-11 19:56:01

I'm so very sad and my thoughts go out to his family. We only just watched a display in the week. They were, as always, amazing

DogsBestFriend Sat 20-Aug-11 20:23:13

I've just said this on Chat but it must be said again... what a tragedy, what a loss, and what a man, who brought so much happiness to so many with his extraordinary talents and courage.

My thoughts are with Jon Egging's family, friends and colleagues tonight. May his god go with him, and with them.

MorelliOrRanger Sat 20-Aug-11 20:34:23

So sad, they were here last week so saw them flying over sad

Such a loss of talent.

dumdedoodah Sat 20-Aug-11 20:52:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tanith Sat 20-Aug-11 23:07:00

A real hero - he did his utmost to avoid the nearby houses.

We loved watching the Red Arrows and I'm so sad to hear this terrible news.
Thinking very much of Jon Egging's family, friends and team-mates.
sad

MeriNisipPoissons Sat 20-Aug-11 23:52:57

Saw them over Swanage the other week, such sad news and hope everyone wear's red tomorrow as a sign of respect.

TaraJaime Sun 21-Aug-11 07:19:10

So sad, & brave, as apparently he ejected too late so he could guide the plane to a field away from the local houses. RIP x

SummerLeaps Sun 21-Aug-11 08:18:36

Agree. We saw them last week and they were wonderful. I feel really very very sad, and wish his family the best.

ToothbrushThief Sun 21-Aug-11 08:21:55

I always put their dates in my diary and plan work and social life around going to see them.

A complete tragedy

MrsHoolie Sun 21-Aug-11 08:27:39

Awful. My db is a pilot and went up with them a couple of months ago(he also fly's hawks). sad

marshkat Sun 21-Aug-11 20:33:30

took the kids to see red arrows on saturday, when we got home heard the very sad news, im soo gutted for every one that new him, what a brave man he new he was going to crash and made sure he did not hit anyones home. a hero. RIP.

nojustificationneeded Tue 23-Aug-11 14:19:14

MrsDBouquet Tue 23-Aug-11 15:21:18

We too have sent a card to the team.

My (and my Red Arrow-mad family's) condolences to Jon's wife and family and friends. He will be remembered as a hero, who gave the ultimate sacrifice.

nojustification

When I heard this on Saturday, that was all I could think of too.

Should the lady concerned see these messages of condolence, could she please be good enough to extend them to her brother and the rest of the team ? Maybe show them the thread/s so that they see just how much they are admired and appreciated ? Thank you.

CarrieOakey Tue 23-Aug-11 16:24:18

Aw just found out he was DD's godparents very good friend.
sad

JambalayaCodfishPie Tue 23-Aug-11 19:14:52

Nojustification and mrsd

It was me that posted a while back, It wasnt him.

My father had a call immediately after the incident, but didnt get to the phone. My brother simply left the voicemail message 'its not me'. We had no idea what was going on until we saw the news and by that time the whole lot had gone into 'lockdown' and we couldnt actually get hold of him until late on Saturday night.

Thank you very much all for your kind messages - my brother, and the rest of the team do appreciate stuff like this - it does help.

Thanks again.

MrsDBouquet Tue 23-Aug-11 22:59:11

Jambalaya

It's mrsdb, under a 'new' guise.

Much love to all. xxx

nojustificationneeded Thu 25-Aug-11 14:42:33

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now